1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Thankfully so far it's been ok. I've stood my ground and others have capitulated. It can't last all day though :tongue:

2. Picked up new car on Monday. Yesterday emission warning light came on. Dealer sent someone to sort. Driving in this morning the coolant level warning light came on!!!!!!! Have managed to keep calm and dealer has just collected and assured me all issues will be resolved. I bloody hope so. What pisses me off is that they cant give me a loan car till tomorrow if required. However dont mind driving the transit round :upyeah:

3. Poor product or poor preparation, Troy?

4. Think it was a case of buying used Alex cause I couldnt afford new but we live and learn

5. Possibly, but there are an awful lot of new things that go wrong too (like my 851, 906...).

6. Strimmed the grass on the bank at the top of my garden... . . . . .

23cc 2 stroke Echo Petrol Strimmer; owned it for years, can be a beggar to start but an awesome bit of kit. Wonderful noise when you rev it!

7. Packing for a weekend of drunken debauchery in Barcelona:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I called the Drs to see if they could tell me when I can drive again only to be told ' we can't say, it's up to your consultant' so I called the hospital to be told that my consultants secretary wasn't in today but leave a message and she will get back to me, then in the post was a letter from Gynae with my appointment date...... Christmas F}#%ing Eve !!!! That's 9 weeks after my op date, I wouldn't mind so much if we didn't live in the a#%e end of nowhere with no public transport, shop or even a pub and if I felt unwell and its not as though I'm planning a lands End to John 'O' Groats road trip. So look out at the N and N because I will be phoning tomorrow to get this sorted :-(

9. Hi Nicky - good to see you again :smile:

How are you feeling (apart from pissed off with the hospital)?

10. Can't be bothered to sign out of Archers account :smile: so in answer to your enquiry L.T I'm feeling really well, all the stitches have come out now and the swelling has almost gone, I'm taking things really easy so not lifting anything heavier than a coffee cup but getting sooooo fed up of being grounded :frown: Chris has been at work this week ( his first week back on full days) so the last thing he needs when he gets home is me bugging him to take me somewhere, even if its only the supermarket. He is off again next week and we really want to get the mancave built but I can't even help him with what and then I get even more frustrated !!! Nicky XxX

11. Just take it easy hun. I know you'll feel like you can do more but you could do more damage and take longer to heal. :smile:

12. That work thing!

13. Had a phone call from my letting agent today - the Landlord has refused to do the decorating & other works he promised to do before we moved in back in May this year - and has now given me two months notice to move out. :mad:

The house was empty for SIX WEEKS before we moved in and he couldnt be arsed? A foot and a half of weeds and grass in the back lawn, the place looked like a bombsite & now this?

Ever felt like you have been taken for a c***?? STILL no job... :frown::rolleyes:

14. Just had a ride over to see Neil at Cornerspeed, picked up some new belts, exhaust and inlet gaskets and best of all picked his brains for an hour.
    I think I now have everything ready for the engine swap when the weather turns nasty.
    Steve

15. Jacked the bike up on my new Constands power lift and replaced the oil (shell ultra) and filter, cleaned the gauze sump filter. Air filter cleaned oiled and refitted. 14T front sprocket fitted. All bolts and fittings loosened and torqued. Chain adjusted and waxed. Refit the modified Cans later. All ready for breakfast rideout on Sunday. conlift small.jpg

conlift small.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Is Chewbacca holding your back wheel? :eek:

• Like Like x 6
  17. Just spent over £100 an a bicycle light. Good job i had the money sat in paypal so Mrs C will never be any the wiser

18. Just keep mentioning Bradley Wiggins' crash until she suggests you get some decent lights.

Then she'll think it was her idea. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just fitted new belts, what a doddle when the engines on the bench.
    Steve

20. Did it come with a bicycle attached? :eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information