1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. He's just a nerd :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Another good ride out round Devon with some good people from South West Bikers
    Set out at 7:30 this morning, back at 6:30 this evening with two cups of tea and a bacon buttie in between. Ideal way to spend a Sunday. Really not ready for winter yet...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rare for a laptop/ive never seen it before myself... Some of the after market bioses for desktop boards support it....my gigabyte one did.....

4. You go through wimin like sweeties :Wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. So far so good.
    I have kept my data partition safe (I hope), Win10 is doing a fresh install and I have (I hope) my backup image of my original C:-drive ready to restore, assuming it has survived the AHCI & MBR>GPT transitions ... :Banghead:

Face it, I just wanted to give myself a jolly rough time :Banghead:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Yep.

Current "friend" is hassling me for another date. I am unkeen :(

7. Then play wiv a different one :D

8. Go and find an acronis boot cd that way you can backup a stock install of 10 and take it off the machine..... If your really clever copy the encrypted keys from the store folder in the system 32 folder.... You can self activate an install yourself then...copy the keys in and use the slmgr command to reactivate..

9. Uh-huh. You aren't suggesting what I think you are suggesting, are you?

10. @Ducbird , you are needed :Wideyed:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Already have a Macrium Reflect backup - it should just be a matter of dropping the backup over the top of the clean install ... assuming the transitions I mentioned don't ferdergerrate the whole thing.

12. Theres a service you have to shut down but i cant remember the name of it.... So itll lock the encrypted files....

13. As a young boy I was concerned with the Earth, how we were damaging it with pollution. I was worried for the welfare for all the endangered species, how we were eradicating whole species with every skyscraper we built or every gas-guzzling car that was made. I feared for poor, underprivileged children in far away countries that didn't have clean water and were dying of horrible diseases. I lost sleep over how nuclear power could be eventually catastrophic, and then....

Then I discovered motorcycles.

• Like Like x 3
  14. OK i got you now! that my friend is not a fucken word! dont care where ya from....

15. Right now, I need a gun so that I can force the stupid thing to boot from my thumb-drive, the fecker.

And don't get me started on encryption. I had to de-encrypt the fecker in order to perform an in-situ upgrade to Win10, which took nearly 24 hours because the fecking laptop is so poxy slow.

Nope, the fecker is just hanging there. Plan G :Banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Whats the laptop.....? Whats the cpu model?

17. You can create a bootable usb stick using diskpart.... Or download a free bit of software called "rufus" thatll do it for you as well...

18. Theres also a service you can stop which in turn disables all the checks so it passes over them and installs....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information