1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I get more sense the the space cadets on here :smile:

2. Oh dear....that's a bad client base if we make more sense here :tongue:

3. Am getting seriously peed off commuting by train, down here in London/Sunbury.Then I go outside at lunchtime and nearly die of exposure.If it's not too bad, might get back on the Honda Bros tomorrow though..

4. Trying to clean my office up.
    Threw a bowl of tomato soup up the wall, over the PC inc screen tower and keyboard ...

I had an involuntary arm movement and oh bugger oops!

5. Been working in freezing temp the heating is broken have just warmed up.
    Went out to my car to find someone has managed to push my headlight in and break the plastic that runs along the bumper. 
    Of course they left a note apologising and to get in touch selfish barstewards

6. Finished the 853 project and been to the pub, a perfect day, other than no wages. Well worth it to here her start up.
    Steve

7. My mate's been out all day as a trackday instructor. Sod that, riding round a track in minus figures..? Of course the people who book the day can bail out, but the instructors can't. Sod that again, what are you gonna learn from tip-toeing around a track at a snail's pace? The good guys will be quick no matter what time of year, the slow guys will be virtually parked, the intermediates will be tucked up having bailed out (quite sensibly in my opinion).

Only the poor, the paid, and the terminally insane ride ride in this weather...

8. For the past hour and forty minutes I have been getting mostly irate at BT technical staff :mad:

9. Yipee.Signed off my last set of accounts this morning.Now officially retired,so bye bye HMRC, except for personal tax.Hoping I can have better health next year and get to spend more time with my wife and motorbikes.

• Like Like x 2

10. Whats up? As an ex BT customer engineer I might be able to help.

11. its actually a BT yahoo problem. And BT don't know how to fix it. I'm on my two hundredth department and no fecker knows anything about anything

12. I remember BT....I had a telephone from them in the olden days.....they still using the same technology? :rolleyes:

13. And after speaking to over twenty different help lines for over 2hrs and 44mins the last technical advisor said in her best Indian accent "just wait 48 hours and the problem will be resolved" :mad:

I have been passed from pillar to post for nigh on three frigging hours to be told to do nothing for 48 frigging hours :mad:

14. At least that's sorted, you can rest easy now, eh:wink:

15. Congratulations Mervyn! Happy retirement :upyeah:

16. Resigned. Well Monday that happened but having resisted several flattering and good counter offers decision done.

17. Many Thanks.

18. Spent a happy hour with a customer today who wanted an offer for her new business, although she actually came in to buy a couple of Xmas presents and was interested in an iPhone speaker for her music.

She was a bit of a stand-out because she was a very good looking 24 year-old blonde, very pleasant and absolutely loaded with cash. It transpired that she required something quite powerful as she has just moved into a triplex flat in an expensive area of Montreux. But this was just until she bought a top notch hifi system, which was going to be imminent. We sell those too, so I interested her in CHF 20'000 amps...

Just working on starting her business, which from what I could gather was a creche for the tiny tots of the super rich. I imagine the clients have all already been found from personal contacts. So I had to put together an offer for CHF 12'000 worth of souped-up Macs and iPads. Her venture seems to be backed to the tune of millions.

"Is she married?" asked a colleague. "I don't know" I said "but I bet there's a very long queue."

I wish we had more customers like that, though to be fair, we're not short of multi-millionaires. (One woman customer gave her husband a private jet for Xmas. It was custom painted for him too. Why didn't I marry someone like that?)

19. Another day, another trip to hospital with Nicky! Gastroenterology this time, and she has the delights of the picolax to take when she gets the appointment through for the next step! Oh and posted the secret Santa off too.

20. Few odd jobs in the garage, then took the SS out to post some stuff & pick up some more stainless...
    2pm ensured most if not all of the ice would be gone, still had a few squibbly moments tho. :biggrin:

Whilst unlocking/uncovering/starting the bike in the garage I have managed to lose the keys for the thing. :mad::mad:

Im thinking they are somewhere in the garage & I have put them down somewhere then managed my usual fish-memory trick of blanking putting them down. Had a spare on my house keys so got out on it, still couldnt find them when I got home after an hour scouring the floor, racking & tubs etc with a torch??!

Balls.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information