1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Just heard from stu and he might be popping down.
    Woke up early this morning and as per usual, opened the Twins' bedroom door to see how they were.
    The one in the photo is Jamie and he's a complete football head. Poor thing woke up about 3 this morning, got his full football kit on and went back to sleep. His match doesn't even start while 10:30.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446373750.413643.jpg

#26341 bettes, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Awwwww :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brandy! and lots of it! Scottish turns my stomach but Brandy is fine! :)

4. Just back from a Foggy Squires - our West Yorkshire brigade didn't make it due to fog ;) wise choice in the end, it was misty on the way and a proper pea souper on the way back! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I found out what this says
    uploadfromtaptalk1446397270890.jpeg

It says "Down Mubarak".

• Like Like x 2
  6. Down @finm (Mubarak is his pet name) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sorry about that, stu but it was getting quite bad. Decent turn out there?

8. Today I've put the fairing back on the GSXR. I love my 996.

9. couldn't be bothered with the bike even tho it's scortchio.
    nice long walk along the beach and up through a forest called lairds wood and taught my kids how to deal with a bully. i wanted to show the kids the ruined chapel on the shore line of cuil bay and the grave of james of the glen but rather than go through his property (which you can do, no tress pass laws as such up here) i heard the land owner at keil house could be an ass hole so rather than get in to a confrontation with the twat we went the scenic route, but sure as shit there he was, anyhoo he learned his lesson and the kids learned about james of the glen and not too be pushed about by a dick. cool.
    lairds wood now that's a strange place, there's little plaques and flags dotted all over the place mostly Canadian, some enterprising dude has sold little ft square sections of land so that some dumass's can call them self a laird? why would you do that?.

10. Well today I went to meet Dangerous Jim and his pal Ian at his house in Doveholes.

Those that know Jim will know he's spasticated (he likes that word) from a bike accident several years ago, but that doesn't stop him collecting and riding bikes all the time. His stable includes a 996SPS, MV4F, R1, GSXR1000, GSXR750 track bike, monkey bike, trials bike and a Triumph Rocket which he rides just like a sports bike. Jim is mad as a box of frogs but with a heart of gold. This past week he's been looking after his mate Ian and getting back on a bike after Ian had a life changing accident a year ago. Poor lad is having his right arm amputated in 10 days time because the accident has completed fecked it. But with Jim's help he thinks he'll get another bike and have it modified so he can ride again.

Anyway before we set off I had to help the pair of them get togged up cos between the pair of them they couldn't put their jackets, nor gloves, nor helmets on properly. Jim can do it but it takes forever :D

Then we set off around some of Derbyshire's best biking roads and finally stopped for a coffee in Matlock Bath. Then it was off again so I could get back to Holmfirth to meet with @bettes so we could then head off to Squires at Sherburn. Anyway Jim, Ian and I finally split at Glossop and I headed home. :)

Met Bettes at mine around 2pm and set off for Squires. All was well till we were about 10 miles from there and the fog came in thick. Visibility was probably about 50m and it was dark and horrible too which was such a contrast to the blue skies and warm temps we'd had in Derbyshire and Holmfirth. So we stopped had a coffee and headed back.

By the time I'd got to Bretton roundabout the fog had disappeared and all was well again. So I just continued home.

I gave the Panigale a quick wipe down (will clean it properly at the weekend) and put it away. Probably for the winter now.

Anyway I still have the Scrambler ready for my winter fix. Which is nice. :)

• Like Like x 4

11. I'm a lady of Dunans Castle
    I can use the title too :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Yesterday went food shopping in France and returned with an unfeasible amount of food. Also 10 bottles of French wine, many of them medal winners and none of which cost more than €4.
    The 1.2 kg côte de boeuf (what's that in English?) cost a miserable €13. Cooked it yesterday eve in the fireplace. Magnificent!

Today have spent 5 hours tidying the garden and clearing weeds to find some room for the allium bulbs that need planting.
    Now I have to make a bouillabaisse, seeing as the fish is all fresh and can't wait.
    999 still at the doctor's. Valves need cleaning. Sob.

DSC_0012.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Only after I met you ET :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. No worries, place was full - not much space in the car park at all! Fog was bad all day here, never got light at all :Wideyed:

16. You should have come west. It really was like a summer day here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Didn't have long, under orders from Mrs Ex :( she like to think she's in charge when she's here - but she didn't notice the Streetfighter was a new addition :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. so there's fletcher in you? cracking part of the world belting roads. :upyeah:

19. Not just Fletcher from what I can gather ;)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  20. ;). i set em up..:smileys:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information