1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Oponeo is good - there are many now of course

2. Converted some bathroom lights to DALI from mains dimming.

3. Watching the news.... BBC is reporting Michelin is closing their NI factory, ITV is reporting the Country needs a sugar tax. Jez

4. What is D a L I Phil in a nutshell? I'm guessing it is low wattage lighting that has similar luminescence to stuff it replaced? How much would it cost to convert an average size house roughly?

5. Last week I sent off for a penis enlarger.

Today, a magnifying glass arrived

6. For the second day running I am in the office on my own. People are either out on site, on holiday or have to do importantly desperate personal stuff.

So I've been left holding the

[​IMG]

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Left my gloves outside in the rain overnight [emoji20] totally soaked through.

Got these for my birthday.[​IMG]

Hopefully new AGV k5 will turn up today too.

• Like Like x 1

8. Happy Birthday to you :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Happy birthday C.R.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Legal, fin. You'll be right :)

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. sick loz sick. :upyeah::smileys:.
    think i am coming to the end of the nightmare that has been October. bad news travels fast in argyll. just a few more apologies to make, a few more discounted jobs and i should be there. next time i wont be jumping at the first applicant that comes through the door. lesson learned.

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. Appy Birthday dude :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. month and a half late exe but thanks anyhoo. :upyeah:

#26454 finm, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  14. 21

15. me to.

16. I think of myself as a stuck needle on a record player. Although I don't know what that is because i'm to young.

17. record player? :smileys:

18. DALI is digital addressable lighting interface. It's a way of controlling lights and is primarily used in retail and hotels as it allows lights to be switched on and off, as well as tested from any location, e.g. A head office. It would not typically be used for residential properties.

If you wish to change your existing lighting for low energy you need a 'retro fit' lamp to suit what you already have. With regards to the comments many people make about energy savers (compact fluorescent) lights giving an unpleasant light, colour temperature is important. You need to look for a lamp rated between 2700 and 3000k (kelvin) - often referred to as warm white - this will give a light much more comparable to a regular incandescent bulb.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. In Creepy Crawlies, expected to see Finn but he hasn't shown up yet :Nailbiting:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information