1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Sorry to hear that @Pikes Peak 's wife has the hump.:angry:

Today we,

We purchased a new bed for the sort of money I normally reserve for a motorcycle.
    Vispring Regal Superb something the 3rd......hand made by made midgets in Plymouth since 1901.

Yesterday I purchased a 1999 BMW 318 touring for a monkey,, a pint & £17 taxi fare to get the seller home.
    At least now I can drive myself around. (And a much better use of my Ducati dollars).

• Like Like x 4
  2. got up at 6.30 to meet Al from proteam who came over to drop off a coffee mug WP_20151107_003.jpg

WP_20151107_005.jpg

WP_20151107_005.jpg

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. and my now very easy to start, mot'd for winter baby! WP_20151107_005.jpg WP_20151107_002.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Always wanted one :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Postponed the 996 service a week.

6. Sorted my wandering headlamp beam problem on the 750. Yay.

While I was at it, I also fixed the wobbly instrument dash issue and for good measure, remove the no-longer-required PCIII.

Didn't lose any skin off my hands. That's a record for me. I usually skin a knuckle even if I walk past the garage, let alone do some work in it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. spent an hour in the poring rain at a breakers removing a cooling fan from a Citroen belingo in the hope that as it is the same shape van as my peugeot the fan would be the same (ish) it wasnt.. £25.00 wasted?
    but after scratching my head for a bit i realized if i put the whole unit in shroud and all, although the fan itself is bigger as is the shroud (which looks totally different from mine) it will fit.
    in fact all the mounting points where there, just needed to shuffle the rubber lugs over a couple of holes! result!
    plugs were different so a 30amp connector block wrapped in insulation tape used. there was also no neat little space in this shroud to house the relay, so i put it in a cap off a aerosol can (trying to replicate its original home.. does it need a lil air space around it?), wrapped fuk out of it with insulation tape to weather proof it and cable tied it to the engine bay.
    Ran it up to 95 degrees (which takes an age since doin a flush and changing thermostat) and BANG!!!! no no, it didnt go bang! it kicked in nicely and all seems well.
    just hope that given the fan motor looks larger, this wont pose a problem? as in draw more/to much current? should have a different relay or something? i dont know.. know very little about this stuff..i do know that this fan seems to move a lot more air than the old one!
    although spending 3 hrs in the rain i feel pretty good right now!!!
    feel a bit like macgyver.. reckon i could make an atom bomb outta a sausage roll...

• Like Like x 4
  8. LOL.. funny fvker!! i like the leaves and prefer to let nature take it course unless its giving me grief.. may sweep the path but not till all the leaves have fallen.. dont like doing things more than once when they can be done just the once at a later date! ( i know im a lazy fvk)

9. @chizel
    You need to start carrying one of these in that van..:fireengine:
    fire extinguisher 6 litre | United Kingdom | Gumtree

10. Try these as well :tearsofjoy:
    Fence panels high quality 6'x6' | United Kingdom | Gumtree

11. ok ok... man.... try an be nice, im having a bad time of late... seriously though (well as serious as i get) my landlord (supposed mate of mine) has been promising to get the fence fixed for 3 years now and it aint happened. hence my lack of interest in the appearance of the back yard.. i dont really use it given that rotten fence means im sharing it with the neighbors .
    landlord seems to think that because im capable of fixing it i should.. i think unless he wants to pay me im not doing it....so i live like scum... i have though told him if its not fixed soon i will stop paying rent or i'll fix it and charge him my rates!

12. Still, it's bigger than an apparent in London...

13. Finally got around to sorting the Ducati. Nothing more challenging than the main fuel pump relay under the tank. [emoji4]

14. WP_20151107_006.jpg WP_20151107_007.jpg and from behind

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fireworks with family. Was much more enjoyable not being freezing and rained on.

16. today amougnst (is that a word?) other things i prayed to the Allah for sunshine tomorrow so as i can ride my baby. if it aint sunny we know that either allah is a lie or he hates me (which i would find very hard to believe) shalom... or is that salaam? my friends

• Like Like x 1
  17. What's the forecast?????

18. I overheard this in the cafe earlier:

"Can you stop listening to our conversation?"

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information