1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. cool man!!! more pics please!:upyeah:

2. He says maybe tomorrow! :) still got a couple of hours to do before reaching home.

3. That is a very low ceiling height if 4ft 10 inches is too tall for the stairs??

4. After 20 years marriage, my missus told me today, that I'm terrible in bed.

"How on earth can you judge me in ninety seconds?" I asked the cow

5. Ouch

6. I won the national lottery last night.

I haven't told the wife yet - they won't let you use a mobile phone on a plane

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bit the bullet and emptied the fork oil out of one fork. Wow does that stuff stink.

8. I read today, that Creationists - the fundamentalist Christians - believe every word that Genesis says.

Personally, I don't even think Phil Collins is
    a good drummer.

#26608 wroughtironron, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  9. I've invented an invisibility cloak today; anything under it is rendered completely invisible.

I'm still working out the kinks (you can still see the cloak itself.)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Any plasterers on here who have a practice for dealing with plaster buckets and rinsing out and disposing of left overs

Would you empty down storm drain or do you know if it's illegal etc

11. think i know why your asking but i suspect it's ok shouldnt cause to much issue.

12. Nothing to do with me or my property :)

13. annoying builders next door?

14. Contractors at 6pm tonight mixing plaster then
    Emptying their plaster buckets in the dark down the storm drain then emptying the last bit by my car

He got a shock when I shouted out of my window to get away from my car

15. Ah, I see.

I had thought it was DB herself who had the plaster that needed disposing of ... I was going to suggest pouring it over the contractors' vans outside her house. Never mind.

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. remind them you got a phone.. with a camera.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'd never empty the washings from either plaster or mortar down a drain. Quite apart from pollution all such washings contain heavy sediment which collects in traps and U bends and blocks them. If its a local authority storm drain (as opposed to a private soakaway), especially one that discharges into the sea or a natural water course its willful contamination and you can get into serious trouble.
    If I've got a skip the washing can go in there. (Don't tip pink gypsum plaster wash water into an empty leaky skip, especially if its on a tarmac drive. Nothing on earth stains tarmac like pink multifinish and it never comes off). If its cement or lime mortar washings and there's nowhere to tip I'll leave it in a barrow. The sediment quickly separates and the water can be poured off to soak away into the ground and the sediment thrown away later.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I have pictures

19. It's the local authority and their contractors working on a housing property next door and an authority that's signed up to the Considerate Constructors Scheme would you believe!!

So far the response to date from the authority is one of they don't care what's going on

20. i can see it's keeping you up at night. two choices. dgaf ether or push it.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information