1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Trial fitting of Exige's Exact cables on my Streetfighter. (Am now involved in research and development :Cigar:).
    Couple of minor tweaks and all you SF folks will be able to get your hands on some decent cables.
    In the course of which I discovered this comprehensive Ducati tool kit velcroed to the inside of the tail where it could be accessed easily in an emergency simply by dismantling the entire tail section first:
    DSC00446.JPG
    A classic piece of Italian design. Top marks to Ducati there.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. upload_2015-11-18_18-44-43.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Today I have been mostly climbing (at a climbing gym) for the very first time. All for research you understand;)

I really enjoyed it. Particularly when I climbed a 21m high wall and the had to abseil down :upyeah:

I may just take this up as a hobby:)

4. image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Im 49 today and been thinking, is it 65 or 67 when i get my pension,

• Like Like x 1
  6. 66?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 67

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. It never come's down just goes up, how come if we are all the same in the EU o_O why is the age different, can't another country support me and i can go at 60.

9. Today, on the ride home from work, I briefly thought that I had invented a new word.
    Turns out it already exists but I was quite pleased for a time.

Today's word is "knobstacle".

• Like Like x 2
  10. knobstacle :smileys:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Need context. Who or what is a knobstacle and why is it or she/he a knobstacle and do I get a prize for using knobstacle most times in a post ? Andy

12. You do get a prize for using today's word but you then forfeit it for asking questions and making me re-live my ride home.

Let's just say ... usual cross-country route home but for some reason, the car in front for some reason wants to turn off into a side road I've never seen used before. So he brakes, indicates and turns off, all at the same time.
    No problem, I was riding with a due safety margin so the manoeuvre never endangered me, but this happened six times in total, with six different cars, each turning left onto six different tiny side roads, none of which I have never seen used before. It was almost unnerving - although obviously I am too cool, calm and collected to be properly unnerved.

What was going on, that so many cars all wanted to go down tiny side-roads that clearly took them by surprise, bearing in mind the the indicators start flashing at precisely the same time the steering wheel was turned? Six times.

Knobstacles. Times six.

13. Nightmare. Sounds like the curse of the modern satnav. Sorry to bring back bad memories. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I'm over it. Bastard.

:)

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  15. Don't fret in some alternative universe you were the knobette turning right :)

16. i say old chap, thats a bit harsh on Andy. i demand a retraction ( i need one for my school geometry set...)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. Been working up in Glasgow for the last few days. Just spoken to the wife and she's just been to see a new house this morning. Papers signed, deposit paid and should be able to move in before Xmas. No biggy! But it does have a double garage! :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Met up with a group of pensioners from where I used to work. Had a very nice Christmas lunch on the waterside in Bristol, could I be the first forum member to have festive Turkey?????

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. My wife came home tonight and said to me "I thought I saw your name on a loaf of bread today but, when I looked again, it said 'Thick Cut'."

• Like Like x 2
  20. You mean she's taking you with her ???

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information