1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. It's pissing with rain and it's going to carry on all the way through Sat.
    Any good sporting things to look at on the box this weekend? I fear we are reaching that dead zone where there is no MotoGP, not even any F1. The rugby is over, the cricket is either over or unavailable.
    It's looking like gym and the Bond movie.

2. Out of surgery, longest 25 mintes fully awake whilst surgeon breaks up the duff lens and then inserts the new one. Strange experience losing all definition until the new lens goes in position. Can't see much now but whahoo tomorrow. Andy

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. the boxing saturday night should be decent (crolla v perez and then cotto v alvarez)

ive got to go to the o2 with work to watch the tennis, sadly :(

4. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

How many fingers have I crossed, Andy?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I can see 2 from here ;). Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Oooo braver than I Andy
    I can't do eyes :Vomit::Vomit:

7. Nothing brave. It's amazing what you can deal with when there is no alternative. I did keep having to remind myself to breathe an I will wear a gum shield because I also found myself clenching my jaw in some sort of anticipation of dread the didn't materialise. Won't say it was a breeze but way less stressful than I was imagining 3 weeks ago. Andy

8. Do they have to stitch it on :Wideyed: :Vomit:

movies_movies_h_home_alone_010009_.jpg

9. GOO ALERT : In all seriousness, the incision through which all the surgery was carried out through was 2mm long and instead of a straight cut through, it is stepped so the internal pressure of the eye keeps the incision closed. No stitches, no glue. Just got home and there is already evidence that my vision is comming back - shame I've only got freeview TV. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. the best things in life are free. and often done with yer eyes closed. so just batter on.

11. o-HAPPY-MUSIC-facebook.jpg

12. Get on the bbc radio iplayer-there are some cracking sporting podcasts, and plenty to choose from. One with 'bumble' is especially amusing. Then on radio four there are a good set of podcasts on Napolean, and another set on the British navy , as told through the eyes of a senior ex naval figure.

The radio four "master tapes" collection of podcasts-artists talking about a key album in their histories followed by questions from an audience was interesting. The first time I've heard noël Gallagher, not sound overbearingly obnoxious and arrogant. Then sit back and use the eyes to watch the mountain scenery -sorted.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. image.jpeg image.jpeg Today I have spent the afternoon changing this for this,

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nobody in my life seems to understand why I'm so happy a Screw Fix is opening 1/2 mile up the road. Sometimes I feel nobody understands me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. yip. :smileys:

16. Toolstation, much better value :)

17. Mate, I live in a posh town full of commuters. This is really lowering the tone. I'm well pleased. You should have seen uproar when Lidl got planning permission.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Better value than Babestation too :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. even with your DIY skills?. :smileys:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information