1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. ^ it's unusual to see those heel guards painted but I reckon that could look quite good

2. Did them and the heat shield black last winter. It rubbed off so going red this. I like painting. If you don't like it, just rub it down and respray it.

3. okay I will, just not sure when I will get the time to pop over.

4. seriously, I love painting also and nothing more pleasing when people can't tell the difference between factory and 'homesprayed'. Have a particular rewarding memory of someone who gave me a hard time/messed me about when selling a 748 once. Had a whole queue of people who would have bought it because as per usual I was selling at a fair price. When I wouldn't drop a penny on price he got quite stroppy (I think it was because he felt he had lost face in front of his girlfriend) the whole thing took at least an hour longer than it should have and was pretty stressful and on reflection I should have been more blunt with him. What he didn't know or notice (yes it was daylight/summer, nothing deceptive whatsoever) is that I had resprayed both lower side fairings. :Hilarious: - finish was good enough for me, good enough for the overall condition of the bike and certainly good enough for that buyer in particular. :smileys:

• Like Like x 1
  5. uploadfromtaptalk1451324582024.jpg not the best pic, but you get the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. yes, unobtrusive in black and I think acceptable to most as not a lot different to carbonfibre in colour but red is something else and will make it bespoke. I painted the tailpipe on a Lancia red once and the mate who painted the car told me with a smile that it was unprofessional. I later agreed with him and painted it a boring black..

• Like Like x 1
  7. I want to learn to home anodize, but that may have to wait till next winter.

8. Called at an Alfa dealer. Alfa seem to have forgot to design more cars. Basically you got the Mito and the Giulietta.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. what?? - you don't like the new 4c?

10. yip. shocking lack of models. give us a new 159ti or brera pronto.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. My wife neither likes the price or the lack of seats. The car isn't for me and she won't move from Alfa.
    She wants the Giulia, but it will be another year.

12. Yes, those would still sell today. Lovely looking cars.

13. There is, I believe, one due for launch very shortly.

14. cool. the do make a fine looking motorcar

• Like Like x 1
  15. there also a pleasure to work on. the way they are put together just makes sense. love em.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Spider?

17. yep, not bad, almost as good as Lancia :smileys:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. They do say your not a car enthusiast if you have never owned a Lancia don't they :)

19. pot luck or by design? hated the motor trade until i moved to fiat. superb cars.

20. It's been a day for tidying up a couple of odd jobs, I changed the outer seal on my parent's patio door. They had been quoted some horrific figure to replace the entire door because of one shrunken seal which I identified and bought for £0.82 a meter online, bought 10 meters and have loads left.
    Then had another go at the chain oiler on the bike, I had to move the breather fitting on the oil tank and my patch had started to fail so that was leaking, cleaned and coated with araldite.
    Other than that and a trip to the gym it's been a nice quiet day, back to work tomorrow for 2 days then another 2 off.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information