1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Did you have to pay for the space or was it an hour free?

2. I paid £2.00 for 1hr parking, so yes I had overstayed but it was 1 minute for f's sake. The next charge on the parking tariff is £3.00 for 2hrs so their loss can only really be £1.00? To be honest if they had said there was an excess charge of a reasonable amount £15 - £20? I would probably have just paid it but I feel they are taking the pee big time.

3. I went up to Ducati Leeds and came back with a 899 in the back of the van yippee, just gotta stroke it now until the weather picks up.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Offer them a fiver

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Are you paying to enter the carpark or to park? One minute to drive the car out of the carpark?

6. It transpires that you are actually paying from time of entry to time of departure although it is only mentioned in the small print of T&Cs, all the signage and wording even on the notice received uses the word "parking" so very misleading. Still only 1 minute though and surely the "period of grace" should allow for that?

7. I have considered similar.

8. Was it a parking notice?

9. Yeah, "Parking Charge Notice" which because it is issued by a company (Parking Eye) who run the parking at this site and hundreds more is quite simply an invoice. In the old days the advice was ignore it and it will go away and it usually did but then in 2013 someone decided to fight it and lost so they went to the court of appeal and lost, it then went to the Supreme court where Parking Eye Ltd argued that the charge was necessary to discourage people from overstaying in certain carparks and this argument was upheld which has made it much harder now to appeal tickets. Parking Eye have actively chased people through the courts now for some time and this is likely to increase after the recent court ruling.

10. I just read a little, as you say, seems case law in 2012 ruins my argument for proving financial loss. Before 2012, advice was, tell them to get stuffed.

11. Seen this baby at the show...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can be yours for the low price of $100,000.000 CAD

12. I think every case is different
    Would they really like you to stand before a judge and tell him that they charged you £60 for a minute overstay I think not
    The story is to put you off yes but if your unhappy you need to challange it
    I'm sure there are more successes than the above case

13. Indeed every case is different, unfortunately precedents set at that level tend to have strong influences on future cases but there are a few paths that can be followed and I don't intend to give up just yet.

14. Well you aren't at crown court level so one thing at a time
    :)

15. Front brake pad change, fluid change, aligned forks / wheel properly. Lost R pin for one of the brake pad calipers (dope).

Off to Star Wars with family in a bit.

#27636 Cream_Revenge, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  16. And this is different how?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I've put some stuff on eBay and cleaned both my bikes :)

18. I spent about an hour shelling and de-veining prawns for the Goan curry I'm making.
    Next time I buy cooked, shelled prawns.

• Like Like x 1
  19. different to what i planned for 2016.
    from here on in no news is good news.
    walked for miles and miles up to the snow line at the back of ballachulish. been doing a lot of that recently.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information