1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Haha sooooo funny

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loz
    He has already dated another colleague

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You could only get away with a comment like that from afar Finnegan..

4. not from afar. don't think i have even been there.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Very kind of you to enquire, TT600.
    What happened (or didn't) was this:
    I sent the letter to the CEO. That, it seemed to me, was the best way of getting the idea read. I printed it on paper, and put it in an envelope. I expected him to give a read and pass it down the chain. Had I sent him an email, I would have expected it to be unnoticed, or simply deleted without being read.
    I head nothing, so after a month or so, I rang them up. I got a helpful service-desk guy who said he would contact the marketing dept and they would then get in touch with me. I suggested I just send him a pdf of the letter for him to forward to them, and he said, good plan. So I did. He mailed me back to say he'd passed it on and had given it a quick read and it seemed like a good idea.
    Since then, nothing. No further communication of any description.
    So I don't quite know what if anything to do next. It was an idea with no strings attached. I wasn't asking for money, or for a job. I had rather hoped to get a polite "Thanks for the idea. We appreciate your writing to Fender," which strikes me as being the minimum you might expect in terms of a reply. But there you go.
    So either they are just very inefficient, or impolite, or perhaps embarrassed that if they reply and they had already had the idea, then that would make them beholden to me in some fashion (it wouldn't).
    I guess I could put out some feelers amongst my network to see if anyone I know knows someone at Fender. I'd quite like a bit of feedback, whatever it is. Although I wrote the letter because it was a subject that interested me, it did take some effort. You quite want that acknowledged, no matter how cursorily.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I went into Huddersfield Poundland today for my weekly shop, and on the spur of the moment, bought a cd titled "How to deal with disappointment".

When I got home and opened the box, it was empty.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Been working too much lately and certainly not been out on any of my bikes. Any how today I got an email and my new Navara should be arriving tomorrow so I should get that next week sometime :)
    Booked a ticket for the London bike show to have another look at the Enduro and Explorer. Are my Ducati days coming to an end or do I keep my PP ? Not sure yet but I enjoy looking !
    No sign of my Mustang that I ordered last January either.....
    Note to self work less hours.

8. Perhaps they don't have an "answering random unsolicited letters" department?
    You could write them a letter suggesting that they employ someone to answer your letters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sat in MRs whilst they change the Multistrada dash under warranty and drying out after a very wet journey from home. Oh yes and I'm 62 today :). Andy

• Like Like x 6
  10. Happy birthday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. happy birthday fella :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Happy Birthday Andy :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Well done. [emoji106]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Happy Birthday Andy.Have a good day.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. 62 years on this little planet. Bet it flew by.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. Last bits of packing done and heading off to Morzine for a weeks skiing. First time since breaking my leg in 2014 so slightly nervous but can't wait to go. Only 3 more hours and I'm away :smile: :policecar: :snowboarder: :smile:.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Still flying, hopefully to Almeria in 4 weeks time. Andy

• Like Like x 1

18. Happy 21st birthday Andy :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. After visiting the council to get my paperwork back :(

I went to Aylesbury to pick up some parts to make my R6 race bike road legal.

Worked out cheaper to buy the parts I need than buy a whole bike and strip it, perhaps not if I sold all the unwanted bits from a donor, but even bikes like (old R6's) with blown motors are going for silly money given what they are worth in working order, only about £300 difference for a runner (most of these bikes are all dogs mind)

This will never be a cost effective project but I've spent too much on the pre-injection race bike over the years, the ohlins rear shock, gpr dampers, ti arrow exhaust, and expensive rear sets, race fuel cap, clip ons, adjustable levers, maxton reworked forks, it will never pay for its self if I sell the bike, so may as well make a road bike from it and use it more.

The R6 was just released when I was just about qualified as an engineer and I got my un restricted licence. It was a revolution in the 600 class that year so I bought a brand new one. Not that fast by todays standards but not that slow either, nostalgia.
    I appreciate it's not that special but this will be a good example.

Some quite nice roads on the way, back road route from MK

Having a Chinese later, the diet is going well :)

#27840 Not Carl Fogarty, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information