1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Thanks 

2. The fair comes to Hereford for 3 days and it always rains here!!
    Think I remember it sunny twice
    It should be banned by the looks of it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ha ha,

I wondered how long it would take you to see that!:biggrin:

Even that was my second attempt at typing it :rolleyes:. You know what my sausage fingers and the iphone keyboard is like :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lol 
    The keyboard is soooo sensitive but I blame your sausages 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rubbish day, went to work, came home, did ironing, cleaned house, oh yes and did approx one million practices of the theory and hazard awareness for my lorry test. I don't see why as I am only doing a fixed body test I have to know about articulated lorries and oil tankers!

6. Engaged in a titanic struggle with a virulent weed in my veg garden. I couldn't have any more of it if someone had sowed a hundredweight sack of weed seed during the night. Maybe they did. Hours and hours of trying to liberate baby carrots and onions from the clutches of the noxious weed.

7. Hells teeth man!

People spend a fortune growing and cultivating noxious weed, selling it for mega bucks and you, your only interested in setting your carrots free!

Oh....sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick there......not that type of noxious weed eh.:tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Did you manage to save the weed tho? Get good money for that! :upyeah: Be careful though, public forum... :biggrin:

(Is this the facebook of Ducatiforum??)

Overcast... check weather to see a possible break in the rain midday? Elect to ride bike as at the minute we are not spoilt for dry roads... get changed, open front door to find it starting to rain.

Sulk.

Faff in garage. Try to induce closet euphoria by thinking if I dont ride it, I can't crash it - MOT next Saturday...

Polish bike. (as in clean bike - its Italian, not Polish. :upyeah:)

Decide to fit Evoluzione Cyclesports slave cylinder - slave seal went a few months back, was replaced but looked for a better replacement as it is obvoiusly a Crap Design & liable to go again...

Found this:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Got one back to the UK, has sat under the seat until today, where I finally popped the old one out and fitted this, along with new clear brake fluid. :upyeah:

Found that the small anonymous leak from that area was actually due to the pushrod o-rings being all FUBAR... cue one car-trip to the local bike shop to buy two poxy o-rings.

9. Finally managed to day to get the rearsets on the SS finished off, brakes bled, and wired up the pressure switch.

As a bonus it started third push of the starter. Now just need to go out on it:upyeah:

10. Test rode over £50,000 worth of Ducatis.

Monster 1100evo, 848evo, Monster 796, 1199 Panigale and Diavel

Great bikes all of them but I wouldn't swap any of them for my Multistrada.

I should add a big thank you to J&L Motorcycles from Carlisle who hosted the event.

#270 johnv, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  11. Fitted a new sidestand to the fuglystrada, made some gaskets for the triumph, and went down the pub.

12. A bit of gardening then watched WSB and finally went down the pub, perfic.

13. Took youngest to yet another horse show, he came second in the dressage and is over the moon. It rained all day, still raining now.

14. today I finished a double shift then headed out to try and run my
    new set of power pures in a little.damn these things are slippy when
    new....real slippy :eek:

15. I cleaned my bikes...
    I am rather lame at housework I clean but I leave a trail of destruction everywhere.

Yesterday I washed and rinsed them without the use of the green snake thing we are not allowed to use.
    Today I thought I will go and give the other one an ok clean and the baby some detailing.
    Won't take long...

The urge for a cuppa brought me inside.
    I had been cleaning my bike for 4 hours!!!!!!!

Then I started boxing some clutter up ..

This means all is not well... I am sick :( its usually I am sick or going to be sick or loved up!
    Im not loved up :(

Poor Ducbird I have to make my own tea as well :(
    I think I may get a catering size urn and big tea pot or some kind of way of hooking up a tea drip system.

16. Went swimming, oh no just the road to work and all around flooded.

17. It could be a good time to ditch bikes and get into hovercraft.

18. Just back from the bikeshed,spent an hour trying to get a self adhesive number board fitted to the 998, bu**er of a job,but looks good and should save the fairing from stone chips. Also fitted silver anodised ally brake and clutch cylinder caps.:smile:

19. my mate is selling one if you wanna buy it lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information