1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Thanks it's on the 9th so your well in time :)

2. Hello stranger :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Had a nice relaxing day off and a little tinker with the bike, wound the preload all the way in and out, 10 turns so I set it at 4 from fully out and went for a quick test ride, 6 hours later I got home and am loving the change it's made to the bike. No more zebberdy front end and feeling like the front is sliding whenever I dare to power out of a corner.

Other than that I fixed my parents PC again and caught up on some mythbusters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Today I went to one of my closest mates Funeral and as expected it was a bloody awful day!Should have swerved the after Funeral food and drinks but his wife asked me to get up and say a few words so I couldn't really say no? To get a bit of Dutch courage up before standing up in front of the 300 or more mourners I stupidly had a drink and broke my oath.You can probably guess the rest? Just got in - totally blade red.Ho Hum

5. I've had a day off the slopes today as I knackered my left knee yesterday coming down from Mont Chery in Les Gets yesterday.

Hopefully the ibuprofen will have done its job and tomorrow I'll be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alcohol is probably a good thing as well El Toro.:upyeah:You are on holiday.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry for your loss mate. it fricking hurts losing a close mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yesterday booked the family holiday to Menorca, then spent last night convincing the kids that Menorca and Mejorca are different places, they were sure i was winding them up. Highlight was when I explained to the 15yr old "its like Guernsey and Jersey". "GUERNSEY! Now I know you are making it up" was the reply. Scary thing is, her generation will be responsible for our pensions....... :Banghead:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Feel for you. It's rough losing people.

10. I did about 80 miles on the monster today. It was pretty windy, the skies leaden and spitting rain the whole time but the roads were mostly dry except where water was draining off the fields. God, it felt good to get out. It also reminded me just how much I love the engine in my bike. Immense grin factor. :D

On the down side I have a dicky shoulder and it never used to bother me on the bike until I'd been on it for hours. Today it was sore after about 10 minutes and stayed that way. Obviously it was bearable coz I stayed out. I've been told it should get better but not quickly, a year or maybe 2, so the outlook is bright. There are plenty worse things to have. :upyeah:

11. Went to Menorca with our children a couple of times.Loved the place.Hope you have a good holiday there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. If you are taking an pain relief for your shoulder, assuming said medication doesn't conflict with using a motor vehicle, make sure you take it a half-hour before you go out on the bike.
    If the shoulder isn't painful, you won't tense up as you ride. Tensing up will, among other things, make your shoulder hurt more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Grin factor worth the discomfort.Hope things get better with time and some warmer drier weather.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I've never been one for painkillers so never even considered taking any. But, if a couple of Ibuprofen before a ride helps, then why not.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks, Mervyn, and yes - oh so very worth it. :D

16. An expensive and frustrating day. Bought Brembo Race SC pads for the new to me M4s and a pair of the new Metzeler Racetech RRs (K3) for Almeria. Picked up the nose fairing from the wrappers and started to refit the screen and re attach the Dzus backing plates. Can I find the stupid little star drive thingy for the screen screws and the bloody huge professional pop rivet gun I bought a month ago ? Can I buggery. Still got to go out tomorrow to collect the tyres so I guess a quick detour to the tool shop is required. Andy

17. Hey there :):)

18. Hello strange one :):)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hey Matt, how are you doing ? Andy

20. So this is what I did today..I added some Ducabike rearsets to the 1098s, which I think are smart, even if I have put the ankle guards on the wrong way (cant be bothered changing them though). Ive also experimented with some stainless fairing bolts. Not 100% convinced, so I'll see how I feel.
    Then it got weird. So now the bike cant electrically find neutral. Turn the bike on, headlight comes on as its supposed to. Hit the starter, headlight goes off and nothing else.
    Fantastic

DSC_0302.JPG

DSC_0304.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information