1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Mrs Mervyn took me down to Alfs last year.I saw a lovely 851 and a new MV Dragster,very nice ideed.Mick came and chatted to us while we were looking at a Kawasaki W800 finished in maroon and silver.My wife was very taken with this bike and sort of hinted that it was far more suitable for me than all the 'plastic fantastic' I tend to dribble over.My choice of bikes is very liberal these days and I do like so many of the machines out there.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I got out on the Monster for an hour today. I filled the tank at a petrol station and realised I didn't have my wallet. :oops: That caused a fair bit of form filling and the folk in the queue behind me were just hating me. :Asshat: It was bloody freezing and when I got back the bike was mingin with salt. It's all clean again now tho. :D I like the new GT-Air - it's better for noise than my old shark and less draughty. I decided to use the pinlock secondary double glazing insert and I'm impressed. I also fitted the breath guard because ... well, why wouldn't you?

• Like Like x 2

3. You Wally :) oh hang on.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yup, the clue is in the name. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I've had two days in a row of partying. Kids parties.
    My first ones. I've managed to avoid them so far but these were not as bad as I thought.
    I dread to think how much this costs though.
    I suggested we have a BBQ party but apparently that's not the done thing, seemed like a good idea to me.
    I might have to hire help, pouring squash and giving away party bags.. they were right, it is life changing.
    Didn't think this through properly, the first bit seemed ok.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Excel followed by watching the rugby in Canary Wharf - good day apart from traffic - nice to visit but glad I live in Wiltshire !

Got some Scott racing gloves to - result

• Like Like x 1
  7. Picked up the hire on Friday morning, left hire bike back on Saturday morning.

Had a good Sunday

• Like Like x 1
  8. Quick run out to super sausage on the FZR. Only one other bike in the car park, and the queue was huge, so went back home. New 'spring and Autumn' non perforated leathers are fantastic - totally comfortable in 5 degrees.

Do love the look of old 80's and early 90's bikes..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. At £130, maybe try getting your money back.

10. This weekend I have proved unequivocably and beyond all reasonable doubt, that iPhone 4 and water don't really mix well.

Damn.

With this one I might try iPhone 4 and petrol next- just to teach it a proper lesson.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Where's Wally :D

12. upload_2016-2-14_19-53-15.png

• Like Like x 1

13. That's the plan..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Weve been at #2 sons children's christening (both done together). We left home at 7.30am to get to the after event venue to "set up" all the food and decorations etc.

We brought the kids home with us as #2 son and wife are now out for the night with all their friends. So they're getting lashed and we've done all the work and are still looking after the kids.

All this just to get them into their chosen school :rolleyes:

Is it any wonder I think organised religion is a bunch of bollox.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Was my birthday yesterday, had a bit of pampering then out for a meal with friends. The Sheppey Inn Godney, between Glastonbury and Wells if you live in the area. Very good and live music!
    Out on the pushbike this morning to burn off some of last nights food, cold but dry so good. Just made two cakes for work, both total disasters, I now remember why I ask my daughter to bake for me. Can I take in scraped cake? Or will the burnt smell be too overpowering? Might be Sainsbury at 0730.

• Like Like x 1

16. Happy birthday for yesterday lovely lady x

17. upload_2016-2-15_18-25-50.png

18. Belated birthday greetings!

I drove past the sheppey inn late last week, never been in though. Must try it, especially since Sonya Titus is playing there later in March.

19. Had the day off so after a trip to the tip and helping my Dad put some new asphalt on his shed, I took the bike for a quick spin. Attached my action camera to the pillion foot peg (nowhere easy to fix it at the front).

First video shows how wet the forest is (but looking good in the sun!)

Then got held up by a herd of cows at Beaulieu Rd Station which doesn't make for a gripping video!!

20. Well after a little bit of deliberation I have put a deposit down on a new PP. :) delivery in March.
    If anyone is interested in a 2013 model with heated grips and top box let me know.
    One happy chappy here ....

#28240 Pikes Peak, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
Do Not Sell My Personal Information