1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I had a ride up to Squires to a car show and to meet up with some friends for a bit, came home the long way and got to know the Multi a bit better down some nice little lanes. I'm really enjoying the torque of this big twin, the front end feel, that's taking some getting used to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Are you still in Barca? If you are then try Cal Pep, best Tapas you can get. Sit at the bar and they cook it in front of you. Closed on a Sunday though. Plaça de les Olles, 8, 08003 Barcelona, Spain

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. And don't forget to give that Irish bar a miss, if it's still there. *shudder*

4. Ah, too late

5. Went to visit my little sister today and my brother-in-law was working on his bike - 1987 Cr250.
    upload_2016-2-28_18-21-5.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. Me want :Wideyed:

7. No matter, we are very comfortable in Barcelona so end up there 2 or 3 times a year. Will look for this place the next time. Andy

8. spent most of the afternoon cleaning out the fuel system
    on a Honda cb 500
    friend has been complaining of it cutting out a fair bit
    drained carbs and tank and have a jar sat with just over half a pint of what resembles rather sloppy marmalade lol

9. isnt an 81 rm250 more your cup of tea?

10. Food baby, it will go...or maybe stay!

11. Nope :)

12. I visited a petrol station on a motorbike for the first time in about 28 years!! Wasn't sure whether to take my helmet off or not - am I getting confused with banks??? Anyway took it off as it seemed the safest option. Cost less to fill up than a car!
    ps when I had my moped in 1977 petrol was £1.35 a gallon.....

13. Have you spent the last decade doing time? Is Your mention of banks and helmets, is that a bit of a clue?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Last year I bought a carbon road frame (cycling) and it is finally finished so took it on a proving ride this morning on the Somerset levels, tweaked the pedals as I couldn't actually get my feet out once in, made stopping interesting, adjusted the cant of the handlebars but otherwise all good. Lovely to ride, very responsive and very light. In all well pleased. Just got my new mountain bike to ride for the first time now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thing I don't get about cycling, people take it up to get fit, then spend a fortune getting better bikes to make it easier. Surely if someone is riding for fitness they should be on a pile of shite and never oil the chain with only 1 gear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Went to Warwick castle with family. Was ok. Would have been better if the lad had not been sick 6 times in the night. Spaghetti Bolognese all over the place. I ended up on the sofa, so at least I got to watch WSBK.

On way back saw this driving along near Bicester.

'Little Tike' real life car goes on sale - BBC News

uploadfromtaptalk1456694948305.jpg

17. Well yes you are right but I guess it is like owning a Ducati, you can't help spending money for the pleasure of owning and riding it . iF I only rode to get/keep fit on an old cranker I probably would give up.

18. It sounds fantastic in that two stroke NIM Nim nim nim nim way and it scares the living shit out of me. Love it.

19. 1st TD of the year yesterday, a grand day beautifully sunny but a bit nippy, a few bits of screens & fibreglass on track plus one heal guard somewhere :)

IMG_4955 (2).JPG
    New Image.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  20. today I got some Cocodomol from the Doc's to stop the crippling pains in my back, and it's worked! Hurrah!
    :)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information