1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Think I would say I need to go to the toilet and sneak off to nearest pub! Probably the reason why I have never passed an exam in my life?

2. It's tempting, but the shop is relying on me.
    I had to do this last year (you have to do it every year) but frankly, if the presentation was written in Latin, it would be just as comprehensible. And if they left out the abbreviations in the Latin text, probably more comprehensible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. As always I drove to work this morning. However it's dumping so much snow at the moment I think I will have to leave the car and walk home

4. Really, beautiful here, if i wasn't looking after my sick son i'd pop out on the bike.

5. You are not the target audience. It seems you have a functional brain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Passed my RTITB counterbalance forklift test today.
    I haven`t driven a forklift for 20 yrs so I`m quite pleased with that.
    Next week, two day reach truck conversion and then slinging & rigging. I`ve done the slinging & rigging before so that shouldn`t be a problem. The reach truck however, well I`ve never even sat on one before, so that might be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tesco delivery should have arrived 8pm to 9pm, WHERE IS MY WINE!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. You bought the Africa or test ride?

9. Woke at 2 and just woke again. Grrrrrrrr

Following my rear end incident, well yesterday, I received a phone call, saying my F800GSA T (the T is important) is repaired and ready to collect. Must be around 3 weeks since the 'incident'. Must say the BMW dealer was really helpful, much more helpful than the insurance company.

• Like Like x 2

10. Right there... [emoji115]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. My aux lights that make me fail an MOT (they obstruct the steering by bugger all) have now been fit with some easy swap connectors. They can now come off for the mot and back on as soon as it's done (1 screw and one connector per light). Now to book it in quick as the rear tyre is borderline. I'll put a new set on next month.

Also programmed two new raspberry pi computers as media centres for family members. Think the wife feels lonely, been tinkering all day.

12. Gone to pick up my new bike :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bid farewell to my Honda 750 Lowrider Hardtail chopper- on its way to a new life in Cork,Ireland - sorry to see it go but need the space for my "Capt. America Easy Rider" build/restoration image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fitted the new Renthal levers and replaced the odd Maxon left handle bar with a genuine Ducati one and put a matched pair of grips on. Learned a lot about removing the fairing side panel after I managed to drop a hex socket that lodged inside the fairing :Facepalm:. Andy

20160305_163601.jpg

20160305_163622.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Done absolutely fuck all.....haven't even got dressed today.....brill!!! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1

16. They look v nice but the large logo type writing inside the lever would annoy me. 'Intelilever' - as if it's doing you a favour. That's just me though, I like subtle.

17. Lifted my bike, all good and I'm happy. Now to get a new lid sorted. There was a couple of multi's in the BMW dealer. Some buying XR's or whatever they are called?

Took the 959 out for a short run. Got about 110 mile on her now. Running in as per recommendations and it's just a bit frustrating. Then again it gives me time to get to know her. I know there are different opinions on running in, I just do it easy.

18. Got an MOT on the 2011 Mutley, no problem. Then it came on to rain/sleet so couldn't go for a ride. Got insurance extended to cover my friend Dr. PJW so he can legally ride the bike sometimes as from today.

19. Rode out to Riders Ducati open day at Bridgwater. Didn't test ride anything. Wouldn't have minded a blast on the XDiavel but I was cold enough already. Against all expectations I thought the best looking bike there was a Scrambler sat on its own outside on the grass. The Icon one in red with the black tank panels, red stripe down the seat and a smattering of carbon bling. Never had a good walk round one in the cold light of day before but I have to admit it looked smashing. They always photograph this bike from the right hand side but the best side is the left with the shock and the cooling fins on display. Looked proper tasty. Won't be buying one but I do get it now.

20. Laid up horizontal in Weston hospital with 2 split discs, trawling all over this forum and probably annoying people with soo many messages! :hospital:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information