1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Thread closed due to Godwin's Law :Locktopic:

2. On stage he came across as quite balanced and prepared to discuss and listen to views from the audience.

After standing in the foyer and chatting before the show, he then came on stage, threw an old fleece down in the middle and his two dogs ambled on/around the front rows of the audience and came back, and slept through the rest of the show - i guess they'd heard it a few times, and knew the jokes.

some of his tales recounting photo shoots were quite amusing, i recall.

I enjoyed it.

And whilst on the topic, apparently, ....

2. The Blow-up Doll Was Pioneered Under Hitler’s Leadership
    [​IMG]

The blow-up doll was not pioneered by Hitler for his own personal pleasure, but it was in fact created in order to prevent the spread of syphilis among German soldiers.

The Wehrmacht enjoying spending their spare time in Vichy France liaising with the local prostitutes and this led to an epidemic of syphilis spreading among the soldiers.

Hitler therefore commissioned a top-secret project to create blow-up dolls which could be put in soldier’s packs – then they could do with them as they pleased…

#28562 TT600, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  3. Thread closed! Thread closed, damn it!

4. its alright loz yer secrets safe
    blow up dolls? as in suck squeeze bang blow or just the bang variety?

5. Bloody experts and their technical jargon! :Hilarious:

6. :Shifty:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Too much information.

8. knowledge is power glid. and what i dont know i can always make up. :upyeah::smileys:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Well ... this is a motorbike forum after all :)

10. is it? are you sure?
    anyhoo i cant talk bikes for another three weeks

11. I've just been for a potter around the garden. It's beginning to wake up (even it has been snowing of late). This is always a very encouraging time. Makes you feel good, though I can see a lot of work in store.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. A lovely time of year with the plants waking up.We have flowers out on our Kerria,green shoots on the two Philadelphus we have.Also had a blackbird collecting nesting material and a Firecrest/Goldcrest flitting about onder the Scots pines.Lawn is still very cluggy though.The more one looks the more one spots.

• Like Like x 3
  13. My favourite place to go at this time of year is Abbotsbury at the end of chesil beach - a wonderful magic garden full of magnolias and camellias in flower - might try and visit over Easter

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. all dosed up ready to attempt horrible pedal box repair on car but rains everytime I stick my head out the door.. now into maximum procrastination involving much tea drinking. Car is too good to scrap but needs towing to anyone who might volunteer to repair it.

15. busy. v.busy. :smileys:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sounds like a plan.
    My magnolia is covered in buds, but I doubt they'll be out for another month. The ones in Lausanne always flower at least a fortnight before mine and I doubt they are ready either yet. Early March innit. Not really spring yet, but you can see it's coming. Maybe daffs out in the next fortnight.

17. Daffs all out in Sussex and the crocus everything waking up and looking good. Bird feeder's full of goldfinches (and starlings) great time of year. But enough of the joy! Put the front wheel back in today after having the bearings replaced then adjusted the chain tension using my new toy, Chain Monkey Motorbike Chain Tensioner, (bit of a luxury at £25 but I've always just guessed before). About to go for a ride and the heavens opened! As I say 'enough of the joy!' Soon be 'spring'. Joy to all :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. shame, had got a quote up to you an' everything.

19. something i haven't heard off. big job? whats the issue?

20. Today my new helmet arrived from Helmet city fantastic service next day delivery not sure if it's too tight so ordered another next size up to try as well. free return postage what can I say :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information