1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Went for a quick bimble up to Squires and ended up staying for a while but a thumping head meant I didn't continue on to the sun inn... And the bike ticked over 10K on the way home.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2

2. " yeah I only bought it for the kids"...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Continuing on from the Segway experience this morning, I then had a couple of hours out on the Classic this afternoon. It was freezing. :/

4. Noooo. Not one bit.
    I did give little H the faster lane.
    Even strapped a GoPro on a car for a few laps. Bloody funny to watch back.
    It didn't handle quite as well though.

5. Wrestled with the idea the misery racing causes and misery is causes not racing, found a car that I should not buy and saved the owners number, resisting the urge to dial it. Junkie heading to a phone box springs to mind or the gambler who can't stop. Must resist.

On the flip side, thinking how nice it was to enjoy the sunshine today and be able to choose what to do this weekend rather than have to worry about juggling work and money and the constant ups and downs. I think I've been living in a highly strung bubble (of my own making) and expecting other people to put up with it, feeling more relaxed now but...

I don't think many people around me understand the obsessive, compulsiveness of it all.
    They are just happy not doing much outside of work. I feel bored listening to the conversations, need to be around similar people...

I'm going away for 2 days (surprise) when my next event was due, the mrs is not silly. I was going to try and get back into the paddock to speak to some people. I've no Idea where I'm going, it better not be the Jeremy Kyle show although I'd like to give him a slap.

Got to get this bike back together soon so I can get out more.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Picked the new bike up today. Was a bit of a none event what with the missus in hospital and the carnage around Plymouth because of the A38 closed. Certainly had a reminder of how to carve through traffic jams miles long.
    The bike-it's stupid. Silly. Ridiculous. As in stupidly fast for a road bike. It shouldn't be allowed.
    Can't wait for another go on it.......

Then when I got back ( and before I had to rush off to the hospital ) I found some original ? induction stacks, camshafts and other such things in the boxes I was given with it. Looks like it's had some tuning work........
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. Went to mates house in Staverton and then went over to Swindon to blade motorcycles (never been there before) came back down the m4 to Bristol and tailgate a lovely v12 amg Mercedes-Benz which was in turn chasing an audi rs7.... Never seen one of those either. Making good progress till I spotted the chopper above us... Thinking... Oops... But then the old bill looked like they had bigger fish to fry as an unmarked passed us...

And fair play to the lad getting the back end out at the top of the m32 in the merc.... What a noise...!

#29868 comfysofa, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  8. Ridiculous about sums it up. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your lady. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  9. Woke up to glorious sunshine and blue sky. Had a bit of breakfast and said our goodbyes to the owner of the house we have been staying at. Then it was off to Cheddar Gorge. A great run on open twisty roads until we got to the Gorge, the world and his wife and 15 kids were there. Still, had scones, jam and clotted cream for elevenses and got back on the (B) roads heading for Devizes. My turn to be tail end Charlie today so was able to hang back and have a play, my the Multistrada picks up its skirts when you give it a handful and the decat pipework with the standard can just barks at you - bloody gorgeous. Home now and we had a fantastic weekend, best part of 500 miles over the 3 days without mishap apart from two stationary drops through tiredness and short legs with no damage to man or machine just pride. Got home to a split main water feed pipe the wrong side of the stop cock so going to bed thirsty and smelly. I'll dismantle the kitchen tomorrow. Andy

10. Went out for a ride with a good friend of mine. Said I would need fuel but light not on yet so we got about 5 miles in before I spluttered to a halt. Thought it was no big deal until my mate caught up and pulled into the gravel layby next to me.
    He's not been riding long and came in a bit hot and lost the front.
    He's ok but the bike could be better, that was the end of what we both hoped would be a much longer ride

11. As Monday's go mine was epic.
    Got to work normal time and by 12:30. We'd had our second power outage.
    Popped out to see my buddy Nathan @ classic team Suzuki. And drooled over the old Rgv500's of Schwantz and Roberts era. And had a nosey around Micheal Dunlops Classic tt bike for this year.
    Got back to work to be told the power will be off for the rest of the day so go home.:)
    Sprinted home to pick up my shooting gear then spent the rest of the afternoon @ sporting targets with a work mate. Shot 3 rounds of skeet best was20 /25
    Then finished of with about 75 at sporting.
    Picked up little H. Fired up the bbq and the rest is history. :Cigar::Happy:

12. I've been to aldershot :/

13. With therapy you will get over it.
    Good job it wasn't Bagshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fantastic. I wish I still had mine. It got sold, unbeknown to me! For 70 quid! Oh the disappointment.
    Hope you both enjoyed it.

15. Just loving my 999! What a bike!

16. same here, great bike

17. you using his bike when he's not looking? can i have a go as well?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. It's so good everyone should get a go.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thanks can I book my turn please :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information