1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Is it a V-twin?

2. Finally got my Triumph shock back from ABE, and won a new/old stock hugger for peanuts. So now I can start rebuilding the bugger and test out the modified shock, forks, and new clutch. Assuming the weather holds out of course...

3. Went to see my first polo match - office outing to the Guards Polo Club at Windsor. Lunch with many puddings, nice wine, and the polo was quite exciting to watch. Much to my amazement the sun shone all day (probably because I'd come prepared for the British summer with raincoat, brolly and wellies, but no suncream!)

4. Spent the evening stripping the stock rear shock out of a s1000rr.

5. Asa child I tried to hit a polo ball with the correct mallet whilst riding a pony, I proved the fact it is MUCH harder than it looks. Never seen a match, have lots of friends who play or whose partners do, it sounds fun, but I am not sure I would be good at all of that smiling that I see in the pictures.

6. steady on, not all posh people are puddings : )

7. They're Not...???????????? :eek:

8. I meant I had tiramisu, cheesecake, chocolate mousse and cheese! :biggrin:

I'm making no comments on the intellectual capacity of fellow attendees at the polo, though overheard quotes of the day have to be "He doesn't surprise me, he's not sexy, but he pays for everything" (one posh 40something blonde in designer boots to another another, discussing her husband) and "I should have brought my Ferrari".

The game itself was quite fast and furious, though as violent stick and ball sports go, I still prefer watching hurling.

9. Done my LGV theory and hazard perception tests, pass both, got 94% in theory so very pleased, I still don't know why I had to know so much about articulated vehicles when I am only taking a fixed body test.

10. Why are you taking an HGV test at all? A new career or horse transportation? Or something else?
    Garn, spill the beans!

11. A few reasons really, I need to be able to transport son's pony around and I hate trailers (horrible dangerous things), my father has a large competition yard and it is good to be able to help, and most importantly we have lorries at work to distribute our refrigerators (we manufacture in the UK, strange I know) and when my father eventually decides to slow down a little I want to take over the Operators License and therefore I have to know what the devil I am talking about. I only took on doing it after discussing it with my dad and he supports me, hubby is just as supportive I must add, so here I am going for it. It did also mean that when he brought a new lorry today his first words to me were come and see what you think of it.

12. Cool! Good on you!

13. Conquered the stairs and slept in my own bed, first time in 2 weeks.yip yip

14. Turned the shed upside down trying to find one friggin' nut:mad: Of course it couldn't be a normal run-of-the-mill M8 nut, it had to be a fine pitch jobby that I'd have no chance of replacing. Still, found it in the end and the Triumph is finally back on two wheels, just the bodywork to put back on and she's ready to hit the road again.

Total mods tally:

Wilbers progressive fork springs and oil, courtesy of Nog. Jury's out on the oil til I ride it, but I think it's too thin.

Yacugar progressive rear spring, modified shim stack and Rock oil.

New clutch basket and plates.

Modified, adjustable footrests.

Direct gear lever (no linkages).

Resprayed wheels.

Bit of carbon.

Modified Speed Triple hugger.

#295 figaro, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  15. Stripped a 750ss for the bits I need for a future project and clear up space in the workshop, also put my TT2 project back on the bench starting to get insparation to get it finished this year....

16. I cleaned my bike yesterday - spent a good couple of hours making it all nice and showroom shiny. :upyeah: Then this morning I rode it across the wet lawn to park it near the shed for the day as I was working in the garage...and churned up a bit of a mud bath and now the bike is covered in mud! :frown: Knew I should've just pushed it!

Ah well, gives me something to do tomorrow! :biggrin:

17. Running commentary on Desmo Due racing from Oulton on Facebook. Amazing what the human mind can create from a few printed lines on a timing sheet. Great fun :)

18. Tried to fit new blingy clutch slave...FAILED!
    Think I need an E Z Bleed...:rolleyes:

19. Supervised hubby while he put two new BT 016 Pros on the 998, followed by a gentle 85 mile ride to scrub them in. What a difference, a new bike again:biggrin:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information