1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Today I will mostly be sliding down mountains again :upyeah:

2. Still waiting for some pictures

3. I never take any. I just rely on others in the group taking them then I get copies :tongue:

I'll post some when I get some. :upyeah:

4. How's the weather over there? It's murky here! :rolleyes:

5. Weather was mixed yesterday. Some blue sky and some mist at times. But generally the conditions were good. Today looks to be much the same.

Below is a pic I've just taken of the view from our chalet :smile:

6. Today I had a fun day...I went 4X4'ing with a buddy of mine...2 Jeeps hitting the back country and getting really muddy! My friends Rubicon & my Wrangler X

• Like Like x 1
  7. looks like great fun, would love to hit canada on my dirt bike, looks awesome

8. Today I am sat at home snowed off, no fun in the building trade this weather.
    Steve

9. No snow ..
    Job interview this week did my portfolio got to work everything's gone.

Come in to a new strategy that made me bemused.I can't add to it but well jeez.... Not good.

Other shit...
    It's kick a cat day ...
    Wish there was 12 foot of snow so I could stick my head in it.

10. You are not alone with the fear of snakes. I am terrified of them, but console myself, and rationalize my fear, by thinking that I just have a highly evolved survival instinct, as snakes are potentially lethal!

I have spent many years traveling in India, so every now and again I am inevitably confronted by snakes, I can just about keep it together when I know they are there, and I can prepare my self for the fear reaction, it's when I see them when I'm unprepared that tends to freak me.

My first experience with seeing a snake was when I was about 10, playing in the Sussex woods. I ran about a mile home jumping in the air with a every step as I was convinced that snakes could jump in the air and bite my ankles, and I had the also mistaken idea that they could travel up to 60 m.p.h!

You can no doubt empathize with this story.

A few years ago I was trickling my trusty Bajaj Pulsar 180cc bike through a jungle path I was exploring in Goa ( the home of some of the deadliest snakes) there was 2-3ft high dead grass on either side of the path, and I was many miles from any villages or people. Suddenly I caught a flash of what appeared to be a huge snake trashing wildly, twisting it's muscular body very fast, trying to avoid being run over by my front wheel, and I caught a glimpse of a huge handkerchief sized diamond hood on the back of it's head.
    I got the mother of all jolts of Adrenaline straight into the brain and immediately realized that this was a very big King Cobra, which can grow to 3 mtrs and can stand up vertically on the rear 1/3 of it's body and therefore be looking at you , straight in your eyes before it attacks with an almost definitely fatal consequence.
    Nothing has ever effected me like that, I was paralyzed with fear, totally unable to think or react, and I continued to trickle the bike along the path for another 1/2 mile or so until I could manage to think, and then all that was running through my head for the next few minutes was Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck..........................................................................

I managed to calm down after a while , but then realized I had to return along the same path as I couldn't go any further. I had to give myself a good talking to to consider the chances of the snake still being there were pretty remote, but I can say it took all my bottle to ride back on the path.

I have a mate in India , Commando John; his claim to fame being that he was the first commando captured by the Argies in the Falklands war when He parachuted in at the onset , spent all his time in captivity during the war, but was eventually released unharmed. He does however love snakes and he goes out almost everyday with his video camera deep into the jungle looking for snakes, I have seen some of his video's where he is thrusting his hands down some likely looking snake hole, and goading them for reaction for his filming when they appear. Strange dude!

• Like Like x 1
  11. number 2 son has a little corn snake. Cute little guy. Not really had any experience of snakes until this, but he's ok.

12. Only ever seen one snake in the wild - in Spain. I almost trod on it as I was running through a campsite. Just avoided coming down to land on it. It was a decent size, so I went up on to some higher ground overlooking it and tossed a pebble at it, expecting it to take off pronto. It didn't. It reared up about a third of it's body to see what was giving it a hard time.

I have no idea which snake it was, but I suspected that had it been innocuous, it would have chosen the flight rather than fight option!
    Anyone know what it could have been? It was on the Costa Brava.

13. Same here; snowed off and pissed off. Should have been completing a large landscape project today...... One or 2 days would have seen it complete and I could invoice it and get paid.:frown:

14. Same here, day off, heavy snow can't acheive much today, have "paperwork" to attend to.......but know what, I can't be arsed. Think I will watch both episodes of Speed Dreams again on I Player..........

15. Watching it snow in the office, but its not staying so journey home could be entertaining if the temperature drops.

16. No snow :(
    Snakes no problem ...
    Kept King snakes .
    Handled big Boa's no issues.

Spiders ..... Nooooooo!!!
    Terrified of them.

When I lived at home I brought a grass snake indoors .
    My sister came to have a look and then my Mum yelled at us to come down stairs.
    I put the snake in a basket which I thought it wouldn't get out of...

By the time we got upstairs no snake.

My sister still has not grassed me up.

I loathe spiders .
    An old BF thought it would be a laugh to throw a huge house spider at me .
    Until he saw the sheer panic attack I had afterwards..
    I thought I was having a heart attack it was horrific.
    My mum is the same so I think it rubbed off on me as a child.
    I'm fine with any animal or insect except spiders and scorpions.

#3378 He11cat, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  17. ooooh snow snow snow
    and meant to be going to hospital tomorow 20 miles away
    4 inches forcast for tonight had 2 in 2 hours so far yay

so just sat watching white stuff lol

18. Give me your snow !!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information