1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Funny how when watching the video 60mph looks fast but when your riding it's just 60mph , looks like you had a nice ride

2. I've logged the fault with the camera manufacturer, they can't work out why it's only motorcyclists cams doing it. :innocent:

It's a beautiful area I live in, but the 40mph forest routes must be adhered to because the deer are suicidal. Wrote the car off on one a couple of months ago and I was doing 40. Dread to think what it would have been like if I were on the bike.

3. My poor ears. Airbags exploded and then the wife wouldn't stop screaming. Yes, poor deer though. Was quite a sad event and did feel guilty, despite the rangers telling me there's nothing I could have done (off duty ranger was right behind us).

4. Bedford TD, still with Saturday's hangover.

5. WFTD?

6. Got sent home from Track Day due to "dangerous" tyre. IMAG1568.jpg

7. It didn't clean up then. Buy some warmers and get the missus to drive the car with your kit in it ;) and what pressure were you running this time...

8. It's not rubbing something it it? Didn't you put a different sprocket on and bring the wheel forward?

9. 28 cold. Tyres guy said its delaminated and will never come back. They weren't keen on me riding home but had no choice.

10. Wasn't infamous Steph was it....looks badly cut for sure

11. No, I went 15 to 14 on front and +2 to standard on rear to gain more space.

12. Yep

13. I'm so far from an expert, especially next to him, that looks like it been torn to shreds by heat/pressure incompatiblilty and over-zealous right hand and possibly some suspension issue with rebound. Looks more worn that falling off in chunks. Did he have some for sale at all?

Note could be talking right out of my arse. Again. :sun:

14. Today I started work on a new project, could be there some time. Not a bad man shed at the top of the garden.
    2017-07-10 11.50.16.jpg
    Steve

• Like Like x 8
  15. Well, didn't happen when I had my Pirelli on and most of the damage was done at Silverstone before I played with my sag.

Ok, so maybe I was running 30 not 28 cold but that level of damage for 2psi seems excessive to me.

I've messaged Michelin for their opinion and went to take it back to the tyre fitters but they were closed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. IMG_2363.JPG Pressure and suspension problem, 2 sessions brand new tyre. Looks like the start of yours from Silverstone

17. That's odd, for the rest of the tyre, the pressure looks spot on. The wear on the outer band, about 2", seems a lot heavier as if the tyre is not heating up uniformaly. You are going to hate me, but my money is on the suspension set up. From your earlier post about losing fillings on the ride to Bedford, my guess is too firm. There is also something at the back of my mind I think bradders said a couple of days ago, your ride height might be out. Sorry you got sent home, the tyre looks like you were havng fun. Andy

18. Just seen this picture on trackday addicts fb page ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information