1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Yes I'm using my feet so think yourself lucky you got both 

2. What feet! :wink:

3. Yeah you need flippers in this weather 

4. Friday 13th isnt a good day if you happen to be a Knight Templar !

On Friday, October 13, 1307 (a date sometimes spuriously linked with the origin of the Friday the 13th superstition) King Philip of France ordered Grand Master of the Order of Templars Jaques de Molay and scores of other French Templars to be simultaneously arrested. The arrest warrant started with the phrase : "Dieu n'est pas content, nous avons des ennemis de la foi dans le Royaume" ["God is not pleased. We have enemies of the faith in the kingdom"]. The Templars were charged with numerous offences (including apostasy, idolatry, heresy, obscene rituals and homosexuality, financial corruption and fraud, and secrecy).Many of the accused confessed to these charges under torture, and these confessions, even though obtained under duress, caused a scandal in Paris. All interrogations were recorded on a thirty metre long parchment, kept at the "Archives nationales" in Paris. The prisoners were coerced to confess that they had spat on the Cross : "Moi Raymond de La Fère, 21 ans, reconnais que (J'ai) craché trois fois sur la Croix, mais de bouche et pas de coeur" (free translation : "I, Raymond de La Fère, 21 years old, admit that I have spat three times on the Cross, but only from my mouth and not from my heart"). The Templars were accused of idolatry.
    After more bullying from Philip, Pope Clement then issued the papal bull Pastoralis Praeeminentiae on November 22, 1307, which instructed all Christian monarchs in Europe to arrest all Templars and seize their assets.As for the leaders of the Order, the elderly Grand Master Jacques de Molay, who had confessed under torture, retracted his statement. His associate Geoffroi de Charney, Preceptor of Normandy, followed de Molay's example and insisted on his innocence. Both men were declared guilty of being relapsed heretics, and they were sentenced to burn alive at the stake in Paris on March 18, 1314. De Molay reportedly remained defiant to the end, asking to be tied in such a way that he could face the Notre Dame Cathedral and hold his hands together in prayer.According to legend, he called out from the flames that both Pope Clement and King Philip would soon meet him before God. His actual words were recorded on the parchment as follows : "Dieu sait qui a tort et a pëché. Il va bientot arriver malheur à ceux qui nous ont condamnés à mort" (free translation : "God knows who is wrong and has sinned. Soon a calamity will occur to those who have condemned us to death"). Pope Clement died only a month later, and King Philip died in a hunting accident before the end of the year.

5. Just got back from taking a client and his misses for a meal. To say in pissed is an under statement. My food lady has informed me that I'm an embarrassment for talking about Mary loves dick in a packed restaurant. Oh well shit happens :)

6. Got a chance to see around the finest collection of Ducati race bikes in the UK (probably in the world) today :)

7. So do you think he will order? Or is Mary his wife?

8. Treated my daughter to "lunch" at an Italian cafe in Lincoln (dinner to us commoners)
    The embarrassment (of my daughter) as I tried to get in through a large sliding door/window when the proper entrance was around the corner didn`t even spoil it.
    In my defence, that`s the way I went in last time I was there.

Now got night shifts, tonight, sat & sun to look forwards to. Not good, feel tired just thinking bout it, "yawn!"

9. Argh!

Ran about like an eeejit since half two, looking for a venue with a function room for a singer, cause we've just been dropped in the shit by a local charity who we had agreed to put a free show on for......they descided this mornin they only needed 15mins doing.....

It takes me and hour to set the PA system and lights up....for 4 song.....my arse.

Has anyone tried to book a room on a friday night with 3 hours notice........it's tricky!

Oh well, off to the next pub.

10. Failed HGV, driving too slowly away from roundabouts and not going to traffic lights using gears correctly. I would have been a great ride for if I had horses on board, too used to making the ride smooth for the ponies! Never mind I will give it some more welly next week for my re-take.

11. Oh bummer
    Think you might like to rephrase mind
    You know what the boys are like

12. Today, I have been planing and sanding, and oiling some lovely oak beams ready to build my gf's gazebo.......bloody heavy that oak is......

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maybe we should start a new thread,"so what would you have done today if it wasn't raining"

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm supposed to be going to a barbecue in the west country tomorrow. I'll be going in the van at this rate:frown:

15. The answer is too predictable...

Perhaps I would actually be RIDING said motorcycle instead of making sad visits to the garage to stare out at the rain, before heading inside to:

stroke the saddle

fidget with your new anodised tat

attempt a bench tidy

polish a random bike part that may have got -Heaven forbid - dusty

forget what you actually went in there for, but emerge with something new that needs fixing, accidently increasing your workload

consider the pro's & con's of starting it up for a little bit (maybe a few minutes, just to HEAR it... UUMMMMMMM.....)

look out the garage back door to see if it is raining out the back of the house as well

return to the laptop, a little pissed off and dejected that you waited all fkn year for the Summer so you could get out on some dry sticky roads and HAVE IT - only to find we are now having some sort of monsoon rain-forest conditions causing you to wonder quite why you bothered taxing, mot'ing & insuring the thing in the first place??

Bag of Arse!!

I try to justify it by thinking - if I dont ride it - I can't crash it! :smile:

• Like Like x 2

16. Saving on tyres and petrol too!

17. & servicing? Wont need shims til 2025 at this rate... :biggrin:

18. It's bad luck to be superstitious..........

AL.

19. I got bitten by two bl**dy horseflies................ and the wounds flaming well hurt.......

Those b*****ds don't just stick something into you like a mossie, their mandible thingys are like really sharp scissors and they cut a lump out.......

B******ds.

AL.

20. If it's not too late: go outside and get a plantain - a hugely common weed which you will have in your lawn (unless you are a groundsman). But as you mow the lawn, best to look around the edges. If no lawn, just look anywhere. Probably springing up in the cracks in the pavement. If you don't know what it looks like, Google it. Then you get some plantain leaves, squash 'em up a bit in your hand and rub your horsefly bites vigorously, making your skin go a bit green.

This will work far better than any creams or ointments. They are also good for stinging nettles, mosie bites, anything of that nature.

I got this tip out of a book called "Grow Your Own Drugs" - it is worth the cover price alone.
    Got chomped by a horsefly last week. Immediately applied the plantain and it neither swelled, hurt nor itched. Job done.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information