1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. this is why the uk NEED imagrants!....

2. Anti weed fabric is great, just make holes where you want plants through and stops anything unwanted, and lots of labour!

Popped into the Ducati dealership in Carlisle today in search of relays, just by chance they were breaking a 996, all the good bits were gone but managed to get a few odds and sods.

New battery and I should be up and running!

3. I rode my bike and it made me smile!

I put 120 miles on her, lost the rear brake lever toe part on the M4 and had my bike walk-around-admired by a stranger at a petrol station which made me very happy to own her :)

4. Ooh! And I had a letter printed in Superbike magazine this month!

5. Having arrived at Ducati Glasgow just before the Easter Weekend, Today I popped in and paid for my new Diavel Red Corse Stripe!
    Unfortunately, due to a back injury I'm not allowed to ride it just yet, so I've arranged for delivery this coming Friday on completion of the Ventureshield fitting (I may get the Bumpstop motorcycle stand fitted in time if Postie hurries it along), when I shall be there, camera in hand, to witness the event.
    Here she is, at the showroom, waiting to come home (pic taken with shite HTC mobile - sorry) ;) :
    [​IMG]

-LaZ-

• Like Like x 1
  6. fixed some air con in a shop this morning, home by 1pm , popped down plymouth barbican on bike and had lunch with a mate and had a good catch up, just as i was leaving a panigale turned up?

7. Walked a squillion miles to see waterfalls

Bobbed about in a jacuzzi

Looking forward to dinner

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Try a Korean restaurant if there's one near you. Much nicer:upyeah:

9. Site foreman rings me; "There's a bloke here waiting to pick up a load of ducting, can you do me a favour and take him up to the fifth floor and show him what to take?". So I meet the dude and take him to the ducting. "Righto, I'll go and open the van doors", he says.

An hour later he eventually finds me again; "Aren't you going to load my van up?"
    "Nope, I'm going for a cuppa".
    "FFS, do you expect me to load all that on my own?"
    "Were you going to help me..? No, I don't think you were".
    "Fuck you then, you fat wanker, I'll speak to your manager you tosser!"

He wanders around in a tizzy for a while until someone else appears. "Who's the manager on this site? I want to have a go about someone". The other guy, who happens to be my boss, points straight at me, "He's the site manager, don't upset him now..."

An hour later we return from lunch, and the delivery berk is sweating like a racehorse. If he'd asked nicely I'd have given him a pass for the lift...

• Like Like x 4
  10. I agree, but this is Holmfirth we are talking about, not that there London.

11. Korean restaurant.....all you'll get from one of those in Korea soon is microwave meals cooked fresh on your table from the radioactive fall out.

12. Try Sid's Cafe and ask them to grill you a ferret, it'll be just like any London eatery :wink: :upyeah:

13. And it'll still taste a thousand times better than the crap we serve ourselves:frown:

14. ;-)

15. Purchased some cogs...:frown:

16. it's spelt "cigs" :wink:

17. Wrote a tech article for the accord owners club at the weekend, got an email today saying I've been rewarded with a tax disc holder, some SIC stickers and a £10 B&Q voucher.. not bad at all

:)

18. Talking of that there London, Fig, any recommendations for eats round Stratford way? Taking the kids and the olds for a couple of days to visit my nephew down that way. Got one evening sorted at the King Eddie, but recommendations appreciated.

cheers,

pete

19. Try The Blind Beggar on Whitechapel Road..... just don't mention the Krays :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  20. I've got ground Elder ....
    Help!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information