1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Home from a few days in "that London" With the kids and the olds. Now very skint :-(

2. Been finalising our Wembley day out for saturday :biggrin:

3. That'll learn ya! Somewhere in the sun for a week is always cheaper!

4. been sat in a Notaria office in Spain getting more and more frustrated with the process of selling a property...............with the ultimate sense of calm after about 2 hours,,,,,

5. Explain that again :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yesterday I negotiated the London train system from the outskirts into Victoria then tube to paddington and home on my own
    I was a little nervous but soon settled into looking like a seasoned traveller
    It only took 6 hours!!
    Today I shall be resting and enjoying the rest of my week off
    Pity it's raining :-/

7. http://www.letsrace.co.uk/

I walked past here didnt have time to visit but that's on my list for next time as I wont be far from it :)

8. So far I've been trying to find out the corporate tax implications for working in Turkey. Nobody knows nowt so far!

9. About to go out for a good friends leaving do after 22 years in the Army! Gonna be a messy one! Wish me luck!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Good luck your gonna need it

11. You did well.Bit daunting using the London train system,especially the underground if on your own.

12. Only if you're a Jessie :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you merv
    I followed the crowd to find the underground from Victoria and finding circle line was quite easy
    I shall feel more confident using it again.

14. No my names not Jessie isn't she on the Voice :)

15. I used to like Jessie J, and then she joined The Voice. I have never seen anyone so far up their own arse. It's unbelievable.

I'm amazed she hasn't managed to turn herself inside out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Indeed. I've lived in London for 40 years and still find travelling by underground/overground/bus to be complicated, confusing and aggravating so I don't use public transport very much. It's not even cheap. Travel by bike or car when possible; even London traffic is preferable. Strangers and visitors have my sympathy.

17. I am quite happy to use the underground-but I don't like the crowding,pushing and shoving that goes with the experience.The buses tend to confuse me.I did like walking in London,but I cannot walk far these days.
    I think when I visit London this coming May I might push the boat out and use Taxis-no doubt I will still be shocked by the fares charged these days,but could be the nicest way to travel.

18. It cost me £55.60 one way
    That's a day pass and main train from paddington to Hereford

19. Not cheap was it?

20. It was cheaper than £55.61 one way :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information