1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I know, I have good days where its not so bad, and bad ones where its everything o can do to hobble to the car. I'm just finding it difficult to think I'm not going to be back to normal until next year, and even then not totally normal. Sadly 100% normal is out of the question.

Now just chilling at home, shaved, showered and cozy in my onesie. :D

2. Failed in fitting new grips and new levers! Why are things so hard?! So Mr Sheen'd bike instead :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. B, a wipe of petrol or a bit of hairspray lets you slide the grips on and position them before they set in place.
    hth

4. Got go get the old ones off yet! Lol

Have done it loads of times but never seem to find an easy way to do it...long thin screwdriver going round in circles to try and lever off takes for ever

5. Stanley knife used carefully Brads

6. Today I am going to DMC for the ride and also to take back my new Ducati jacket that I received yesterday to try the next size down.

Then at lunchtime I am going to Leeds to meet friends from Middlesbrough, mooch around the shops, then we'll all come back to the house for a nice chill before we go out for tapas tonight, with more drinks.

That's if I can stay awake of course. :smile:

7. Ewe - 1 degree was hoping to leave thermals at home

8. If it stays dry I shall be ripping the clutch out of the fuglystrada. If not I'm going down the boozer.

9. Its gonna hit double figures. Go commando :upyeah:

10. You mean sunny? Lets hope so

11. It's sunny here at the moment. Bit of frost on the ground at the moment.

12. It's frosty here O degrees
    Brrrrr

13. Heading to pick up a mate later then going for breakfast, then going to set about trying to de install alarm system on the bike, not sure where to start lol
    Grounded this weekend so if weather good will be nice
    Rather be out on bike though :)

14. Several runs of the wash cycle (very darks, colours, now whites), watched a bit of super rugby (crusaders miss Carter quite badly, despite the win), and fixed the chain adjuster on the ST2 - thanks DukeDesmo, swapped out the internals and fitted a treat (and Duc904/Steve, thanks for the Allen screw tip).

Game of rugby later, then visit an old ex-family member who hits 70.

Other than that, a lazy day.

Have fun you lot down in Brizzle.

15. Just taken the ST for its MOT, passed with no problems, riding home and the service indicator has come up, more expense as it needs belts this time :eek:, plus tax due at the end of the month and insurance in May!

16. I reckon you left them in too long...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well I was up at the crack of dawn (thanks dawn :upyeah:), and was messing about on here for a couple of hours.

At 8am I set off for DMC to try and exchange a Ducati Historic leather jacket I'd bought (delivered yesterday) for one that was slightly more fitted. They will have to order me one on Monday :smile:

Friends, who were meant to be coming to stay tonight, rang to say they couldn't make it as their little girl had been up all night being sick and was still at it several hours later.

Came home and had some breakfast. Then went for a brisk ride to Squires in Sherburn :smile:. Had a coffee and smiled contentedly whilst watching people stopping and admiring Eva whilst she was parked up. :smile:

Rode home the long way, opening her up whenever I could :upyeah:

Cleaned Eva, tightened her visible bolts, put her away.

Fell asleep on sofa for an hour or so and was woken half an hour ago by no2 son asking me for some help with his/their wedding invitations.

Tonight we are off out for tapas :upyeah:

Good times :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Woke up: snow on the ground. I thought we'd finished with winter but it refuses to just lay down and die.

Bitter cold north wind, 4°. Well, that put the mockers on the gardening. Not going out to play in the mud in those temperatures with freezing rain.

So to the gym, followed a band practice with beer. Great afternoon, all told.

• Like Like x 1
  19. stop moaning, get your ski,s out, let us do the rideing for you : )

20. Cut the knee-high grass and then mowed the lawn, front & back, did a couple loads of laundry, started to get ready to clean the bike and instead went out on it for a few hours. First joy-ride of the year. Perfect weather, it doesn't need to get any warmer than this.

Yep, you read it right - I actually managed to get out for a ride.

Now I need to figure out how I am going to lose a couple of stone in weight ... cos ... well, damn.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information