1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Just got in the office after my long weekend to Germany :smile: Bloody hell I`m knackered, lots of booze and late nights and fantastic roads. Took advantage of the Autobahn aswell :upyeah:so for the rest of the day I`m going to rest !

2. I'd thought of that :)

3. Yes, but you get paid for sitting on your bum and on the forum all day..........lots of us don't....:wink:

4. I went swimming in the outdoor pool at lunchtime. It's cold and was raining heavily, but I didn't care. God, I feel so bloody virtuous, it's not true.

5. But for how much longer?? :eek:

6. You or 'us'?

7. Who knows...........that said I've just (in the last two mins) secured a small order for a few hundred grand :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Don't tell me............for 50 tons of snow..........

AL

images.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Or suits. A suit and a wet suit are two completely different things, one is never a substitute for the other

10. Took the wheels off the bike to get road tyres put back on it. Stripped off all the fairings ready for a thorough clean tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tried to look busy at work ................................failed miserably:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tried to find something to do at work...failed miserably. Booked tomorrow off.

13. Pity you're not (much) further north, Fig, fridge in my new place needs re-gassing (I think). Or is it cheaper to get a new fridge these days?

14. Ditch it Pete, it ain't worth the effort.

15. Thought as much, but hoped otherwise. Is on of those built in jobbies, so going to have to do some measuring up to get a matching one. Cheers for the reality check, Fig.

16. Most fridges have sealed refrigerant systems - i.e. nowhere to attach a hose to add gas. So you have to bolt a line tap valve on which pierces the pipework, at which point you've pretty much guaranteed another leak in the near future. And the cost of getting an engineer to do the work will be near as much as buying a new fridge anyway.

17. Well today I will mostly be playing catch up on paperwork.

18. Well, I was going to do some gardening, but the great British summer has put paid to that idea. So I'll carry on turning my shed into a palace. I have some spare carpet tiles and paint...

19. Went swimming again at lunchtime, in the rain. I was the only person in an Olympic-sized pool. They even refused my money and told me they were closing in an hour, which made not a jot of difference to me as I didn't intend to be there that long. I did my mile and skedaddled. I was smug and snug in my tri wetsuit which I bought several years ago for these chilly season openings in the outdoor pools. Also helps you swim faster and stops you sinking. Result.

20. I have mostly been holding the fort :smile:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information