1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Done some tiling, took no1 son to his rugby club presentation. Now waiting for full charge on the drill battery to re-fix the tower shower and clean the bathroom.

a bottle of red and recorded motogp awaits my finish :)

2. And checked my thumper pressures...16 front and 23 rear may be a tad light....could explain the funny handling :eek:

3. ...now removing all the dead / splatted fly's off and polishing my helmet...
    whilst watching England play like a bunch of Sunday league girls

...glad I have my helmet with me to polish :wink:

4. Ooo la la

5. image.jpg
    image.jpg

6. Now I can get a shower, watch motogp and have a bottle of red for late dinner :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370205648.843479.jpg

Am I pleased with myself? Only when I know I don't have any leaks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370205648.843479.jpg

7. Nice to meet you at Creg-Na-Baa today, Birdie. I watched the Superbikes TT from just above the Creg. Plan to go to Lambfell Beg (above Glen Helen) for Monday's racing.

8. No, you don't really at this time of year. Olympic sized outdoor pools are common here, indoor 25m ones rarer. From mid May, they tend to close the indoor ones and it's everyone outside, if you want to swim. Local town where I work has a big outdoor pool complex (Olympic pool, diving pool, shallower one for kids) but no indoor pool (that I have noticed).

In Lausanne there is one big indoor pool, but about 6 or so outdoor Olympic pools. Makes you wonder why the Swiss don't win more medals at swimming.

9. I think he was implying you have your own indoor and outdoor pool....but cant think of any pool in my local area that even has any diving board anymore! Never mind Olympic pools and diving pools

10. Because they're all getting bladdered in MAD till 5am

• Like Like x 1
  11. I wouldn't have a pool even if I could afford it (which I can't).

You'd have to be mega rich to have any kind of pool that would be really useful for swimming. Here it'a about CHF 5 (say £3) to spend all day at the pool. They are surrounded by lawns with trees, normally have a restaurant and ping pong tables. That's a cheap family day out.

If you just want to go swimming at lunchtime, it's CHF 2.50. On Friday, because it was raining and they'd only had 10 people all morning, they refused to take any money, said they were closing in an hour. Fine by me, I only needed about 40 mins.

Basically, you'd have to live in your pool for the rest of your life for it to be anything like as cheap as using the municipal ones. And you can go to a different pool when you get bored. If there is one thing the Swiss have sussed, it's swimming. Later in the summer, you can even swim in the very clean lakes.

12. And here's me thinking Glidd Towers has indoor and outdoor pools, bowling alley, cinema and crèche facilities...

13. Non.

Glidd Towers is just a farmhouse. But around here (and in Switzerland generally) farmhouses and barns are all the same structure, with about 1/3 or 1/4 of it being house, and the rest barn. Which makes a worrying acreage of tiling if you ever have to redo the roof (and on a 150 year old house, you will one day...)

Glidd Towers does have a large garden, it is true. But that's because I fancied some of the cows' field for my personal fiefdom. The cows and nettles came up to the back door when I bought this place.

My abode is ever so 'umble, Master Copperfield.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Breakfast then on to Sulby Straight, road closed at 10.

15. Nice one, are the triathlon wetsuits a lot easier to swim in? I have a normal 3mm suit, but have only surfed in it..

16. Had lunch in a lay by in Watford

17. Tri wetsuits are very stretchy, making swimming easier. The wetsuit gives you buoyancy and keeps you fairly parallel (legs don't sink) and makes you more hydrodynamic.

I have been a few minutes faster over the mile wearing mine, with no additional (and probably less) effort. In fact, I think I just about did my fastest time ever last week, which is odd, as not having swum for 6 months and not being very fit at the moment, I should be about 5 minutes slower. It's definitely the suit. Didn't believe the time first time out, but second time confirmed it. And that's swimming half a length out of every 2 breaststroke (for a breather). So there must be a few more minutes to come when I get back into swimming the whole thing freestyle.

Not that it really matters.

18. Pictures or it didn't happen :eek:

19. Tart :smile:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information