1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Watched an awful lot of Olympics (sob!)
    I am watching the Olympics now. French Eurosport said the MotoGP practice was on at 11:30. Then they said it was at 12:30. So against my better judgement, I seem to be staying up to watch it. But they are showing women's volleyball and the Turks have just forced a 3rd set against Brazil. Dammit. So how long's that going to last now?

Volleyball is a deeply tedious sport, only matched for sheer paint-drying boredom by basketball where matches are won by 1658 points to 1660.
    I wonder if I'll fall asleep before the bikes come on.

Looking at very tall girls in knee socks leaping doesn't really float my boat.

2. Oh my God. It's best of 5.

Right. Definitely bed.

3. Went to toy fair as I wanted a Space 1999 toy spaceship ... Don't ask ..
    Came home got on bike , got petrol bloody thing not happy !!!
    So I start making a mental list of what to do.
    Then a thunderstorm came along and soaked me lol...
    Got home cursed the dirt on the bike and peeled off my wet things.
    Looked outside and the feckin suns come out again now :( oh I got blown across the road joy of joys ! But least I got a mini fix.

4. What? You have done donkey today?

AL

5. Watched some beach volley ball, well watched the girls playing beach volley ball.

Went for a bike ride with my one year old and stopped for a sneaky bacon sarnie half way round.

Cooked a roast dinner.

Watched some more olympics and the Brits first medal - yay.

Cleaned the dead flies off my leathers.

Typed some c**p on the tinterweb....

6. Calne show yesterday, was a good day! Unfortunately I was forced to buy lots of carby carbon FILTH by Stafford.... :eek::biggrin:

[​IMG]

Will be going on tomorrow... spent yesterday evening and today under the bonnet of my diesel Clio... needed a new cambelt, tensioner, water pump and diesel pump @ 105k.

Got all the parts and did it myself? Would be real straightforward, no stranger to cambelts and all that - but for some reason the fuckhead who designed the engine decided it would be fun if they didnt key the crank pulley to the crank.

No key. Nothing. A key slot in the crank but nothing in the belt pulley?? Has to be done with timing pins and a lot of pricking around to set it all in the right place...

At ten years old and over 100k it made sense to fit a recon pump & new water pump whilst the belt was off, less faffing again if they died. :upyeah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started back up first turn! Might even wash it tomorrow, lol

7. You've made a right mess of that engine. Bet it blows up in two weeks

8. Vert pot pulley seal leak sorted... Nowt excessive, just enough to run a piddle of oil round the back of the head under long runs...

Figured the seal was cooked at the top of the vert.pot chimney so bought new seal & pulley holder etc - there is a long tube spacer which fits into the seal which should give me something to pull it out with when removed?

Covers off, bump belts round to markers with the bike in gear - belt off, pulley off, spacer out...

[​IMG]

My seal puller wouldnt fit due to access probs, had to move to Defcon 2.

[​IMG]

Paint lid remover. Bent the end into a sharper angle and hooked it behind the seal, giving it a sharp tug, expecting a fight?

The seal poinged out and bopped me on the nose. Shocked at a potential nightmare being so easy and its insistence on biting me in its dying moments I added said new seal. Bit of a bugger to fit as due to the thickness of the shaft (Matron) you cant get a socket over it? Once fitted I refitted the belt and then added these.... :upyeah:

[​IMG]

Ummmmmm carbon FILTH. :biggrin: These fell into the "Want" category, not the "Need" category, but oh well - did a little parts trade at Calne with a forum member...

[​IMG]

Little carbon caps for the clutch and rear brake pots, FILTHlets, if you will...

Went off for a late-afternoon blap - VERY grin-worthy, ranged from smiles to belly-giggles, a well sorted SS is an AWESOME roadbike... :cool:

9. Not enough, probably.

10. I did that too......and I'm at work :eek:

11. That's where I'm meant to be. At home, at work.

12. Did you know?

I didn't notice till it was nearly finished that they actually play that with a ball.

13. Ha ha !! Staffords carbon emporium !
    Shame you missed out on the carbon mankini's !! They flew off the shelf :)

14. Saw ZZ Top for the 3rd time, but this time in a Roman amphitheatre. It's a great festival, about 30 mins away from me. Billy Gibbons is some guitar player, but he makes it look very easy and he has a tone to die for. Good gig. (And yes, they did a couple of numbers with the furry guitars).

15. I've got to pick up my tank .
    And pay the poxy import duty :( And VAT on the import duty... And £19 for parcel farce to write to me to say pay up woman :(

16. Have looked after the kids and watched the rowing, go girls first gold medals and now it's the mens cycling go bradley :)

Put a second layer of plaster on the wall in the outside karsie, niot a bad job for a first attempt!

But nothing towards and work of any sort

17. I did this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343831973.058085.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343831993.625722.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343832012.230340.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343831973.058085.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343831993.625722.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343832012.230340.jpg

18. Poodled down to the coast and watched the waves roll in, in sunshine.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information