1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. lovely weather sprayed a bit of colour on my new fairing
    24 in the shade drying nicely..........:biggrin:

2. Did the Stella Alpina on my Multi and it's now looking rather bedraggled. Enduro mode works ok though so that's a bonus.

3. Just cleaned both bikes, the DR getting more of a spray while the 848 got treated to some chamois action, and been pondering whether I can be bothered with riding a sportsbike on the road any more and, more importantly, if I can be bothered to ride anything any more

4. You need a change of pace Bradders. I started to get the hump with sportsbikes cos there was nowhere near me I could use one properly. After a breif play with sports tourers I've now got the fuglystrada and the old Le Mans; the fuglystrada is a flippin' riot on B roads, and the Guzzi takes much more effort to ride than anything modern, and both are entertaining me much more nowadays than any sportsbike could.

5. Had a fugly, found it uncomfy but fun to the point you need to really know whats happening with the front end and was forever running out of clearance; had ST2 pretty much as above and broke down quite a bit; had beemer GS 1200 which I would have another of, no question, but was again at issue if you cracked on...and guess thats half the problem. I ride mainly with people who crack on and I enjoy holding a decent pace.

also 27in inside leg isnt condusive to tall bikes...

think I just need a rethink and more mikes again. Not doing as many as I like and mates seem to be falling out of interest with riding...maybe its new mates I need ;-)

6. I'm tempted more toward adventure style bike, the whole thing of walking round in leathers is getting tougher in old age, give me a pannier and pair of shorts for when I get there

7. And with the modern ones you get 1098 power...shame they are too tall for me

8. I've just been playing on a gs1200....and omg it could get a wriggle on.

I always thought I was too small and they looked heavy and cumbersome, but that's just not the case.

Mind it had been lowered by BMW and had all the 'options' fitted....except the electronic height adjustment, which apparently isn't available if its been lowered.

I know what I'm getting when I get old now.....looks like I'm off to the BM dealers next week then ;-)

9. Well today Matt46 and I went to Southport. Getting there was tortuous because of several things:

1. The shit route I chose (based on head west and keep going till you find a sign for Southport)
    2. Very busy roads on said shit route
    3. Lots of traffic lights that kept turning to red which meant we had to keep stopping and the bike fried your legs and bollocks whilst stopped
    4. Lots of speed cameras on said shit route

However Southport was quite nice when we got there. And the ice cream was rather nice too :upyeah:

Coming back was a lot nicer as I managed to pick a better route back (purely by chance I may add). Though there was a bit of motorway riding I also managed to find some good A roads and the route back over the tops (Greenfield road) was great too.

All in all it wasn't too bad a ride out but remind me not to go to Southport again when we have a hot sunny weekend :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  10. diary note made for June 2014.

hth

11. Greased my balls....& dremeled a few notches out of my basket, got another to do but think it might just be beyond rescue !!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

12. Get yourself an Enfield, Bradders. Or a Harley, or something else totally different to what you're doing now. You're stuck in a biking rut.

13. Move to Canada Bradders...lots of riding here everyday, I just clocked over 8700 kms so far!

14. Time to get on a v4 tuono! It's absolutely bonkers and has given me a new buzz for going out more.ask damodici,he's loving it!

15. Woohoo, today I found out my PPI claim has been approved! Looks like the project will be being based on a ST4s now :biggrin:

I've found a tatty looking one in Swansea, fingers crossed I will be going to look at it this weekend

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's going to rattle like a rattley thing from rattle town...:eek:

17. Nice to know you're scaring the local wildlife with that headlight of yours :upyeah:

18. It was my birthday today and I've had lots of fun. Opened presents with the kids, went to work, opened more presents, went to lunch, ate cake

19. Happy Birthday!

20. Living the dream! HB too :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information