1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. This morning I was mainly meditating and performing Mudras at a Yoga Workshop-no bikes there i'm afraid.:tongue:

2. I performed my usual sunday lunchtime mantra...'Lager...lager...lager'

Sofa beckons...

• Like Like x 2
  3. got up early and cleaned my 996, met up with mrR for breakfast at Louis,s café at kit hill, went for a bit of a blatt then home for a bit of a garage tidy and beers and bike racing on the box

4. I was up early too and combined surfing the net, being on here and ironing.

Since about 11am I have been watching WSBK, SBK and sleeping on the sofa.

It's been a good day.

5. Led 10 over to the hilltop then half onward to George Shites and back via Hungerford and Andover. Good to see Car, Wantz and Bex altho they chose the old fart ride-in :wink:

6. There were some really old shitters there

Then we went to Sammys :eek:

7. i've spent yet another day watching bike racing and drinking beer in the sunshine but tomorrow it ends and I've got to go home then back to work on Tuesday.

Not to worry; it all starts again in a few weeks at Gedinne over the August Bank Holiday weekend so be there or miss out: Belgian Classic TT - Gedinne, Belgium - 24-25 August 2013 « IHRO IHRO :upyeah:

8. Man stuff around the garage and Wickes involving angle grinders and stonework; a blat on the Pani, a peddle on the Trek now a shower and the end of the TdF followed by recorded Top Gear; live Laguna Seca and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

9. bought some proper knee sliders from germany cos they are cheaper............they sent two left ones!!!!!!! trying to tell me something!

argued the toss on email...........they are now sending two rights for a cheap price!

10. Today,I have been doing bugger all........Don't it feel good!This week Im off work to extend the mancave as someone keeps putting a load of shite in there that might be useful one day....mmmmm I must stop doing that.

11. Up very early (for me). Put second coats on the doors I was painting, did some more painting, a bit of gardening and all sorts of pottering - all of it plugged into Aggers, Blowers and Tuffers on Test Match Special. Also watch the Laguna practice I had recorded and started sleeping through last night, and the first quite dull leg of WSBK.

Now chilling out with a beer before dinner and looking forward to Laguna which must be on very soon. Bit of a scorcher here today - too hot to be out in the sun and much too hot to wear the boil-in-the-bag suit on the bike.

12. Laguna Seca is on at 10pm on bbc2 and 11pm on Eurosport I think

• Like Like x 1
  13. Indeed. That's where I'm going to watch it (BBC) even if it is 11pm for me.

14. Blast over to Fairford for the air show a cold beer courtesy of Breitling, great weather and show and a blast home !
    Cold beer time now ! :upyeah:

15. Was going to go to a bike autojumble but ached like mad today.
    Watched " The way we were" which is not a very me film at all but I like the end :)
    Then waited in for someone to pick up some snooker cues I had for sale and you guessed it got a message after waiting like a pillock .. Sorry er don't want them now ... After knocking me down in price .
    Love ebay tossers :(
    Rummaged about in my basement again :)

16. layed on the ground and swore at my bike

ahh the joys

17. I've packed for my weekend trip to Scotland (had to do it tonight cos I'll not have time tomorrow or Thursday night) and I've also booked flights for me and my chums to Geneva in January for our snowboarding trip to Morzine :upyeah:

18. Just back from seeing Neil Young at the very well-run Paleo Festival in Nyon, Switzerland.

He was blindingly good. Very happy to hear Powderfinger, which I don't think he played on the 2 other occasions I have seen him. But even better was Like A Hurricane - my favourite Neil Young song which I also haven't heard him do before. Strangely, although I think he played it at the O2 on this tour, he hasn't been playing it much (not the last 6 dates anyway). I suspect it was played for a reason.

Just before he started, there was a firework display of lightning in the sky and then it started to rain. And rain and rain. In fact, it was the mother of all storms. So Neil is singing "I'm getting blown away" but we were all getting considerably more blown away and sitting in the middle of the hurricane. Naturally i was only wearing a polo shirt and shorts. By the end of the number (about 15 minutes worth) I was soaked. There was no difference at all between how wet I would have been if I'd just hopped into a swimming pool in my clothes. The roads turned into rivers. Back at the car, I had to strip to my boxers and drive home barefoot (having emptied my shoes of water) with the heating on full. Not something I've done before.

All in all, a great evening, though it was sad to miss "Rockin' In The Free World" which I could hear as I waded back to the car. But frankly, it had got beyond a joke. I might not have got blown away, but if I'd hung around any longer, I'd have been washed away.

19. Was lucky enough to get a run out on the MHE this morning.My wife was in fits of laughter when I explained the route I took which included taking her up the Bypass,the bike that is.:tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shite week at work due to people being off for holidays a and the inconvenience of babies

Still at least I don't have to share these ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374668060.516784.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374668060.516784.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information