1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Did the moring sessions at Odiham ARD then dropped into Snells to see if there is a deal to be done on a multi

2. Just finished part one of Bikesafe course. Weather was fantastic for the first 9/10ths then it p1ssed down at the end and I was in leathers. I got wet, the bike got dirtly. Waiting for it to cool down a bit then will give the little strumpet a hoze down.

3. Collected my 848 Evo Corse from Ducati Wolverhampton!

• Like Like x 6
  4. You lucky b*****ds being able to get out for a run...........I have been in hiding from the weather..............the humidity is giving me hell. Last weekend I was drenched and cooked inside my leathers......I really must get some white ones.

Yesterday morning, the sun was really vicious and within a few seconds I could feel it burning my head so I thought there's no way am I getting all the clobber on just to cook myself again.

So I have spent the last week trying to finish paintings that I have had on the go............one done, three to go..........trouble is, if I get another idea, then it will be one more in the production line..........

But f-it.............I'm off out on Sunday (if it stops raining.........)

AL

#6824 Ghost Rider, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
  5. Cut the grass this morning, shopping with wife and kids this afternoon, watched old films this evening drinking beer, which is the highlight of the day ! Lets hope I can go out tomorrow with a few mates to Aylesbury :upyeah:
    not got a pass yet :rolleyes:

6. I took the Speed Triple to my mates garage to have a new set of Sportsmarts fitted, i managed a half decent hoon afterwards before having to turn back to avoid the impending rain.

7. Not so much what I did today but what I did this weekend.......

What a great couple of days. 47 bikes/ like minded people on a trip to Scotland and a 1000 plus miles over the weekend!

Friday was a very early start for me as I left home at 5am to get to Ducati Manchester for 6am. Friday was all about getting to Arrochar near Loch Lomond, and was a great run up taking in a bit of motorway and lots and lots of nice twisting A and B roads, via Haslingden and Devils Bridge. Some even managed to take a ferry to get close to Arrochar to finish the day off. Friday evening was a fairly quiet one (for me anyways) and after having a couple of drinks and a nice meal I went to bed thoroughly knackered.

Saturday began with a decent cooked breakfast, before the 47 intrepid explorers split into 3 groups - one group heading towards Applecross (some 200 miles away, which I'd vowed the night before I wouldn't go to because it was going to be a 400 mile round trip and would take an age), one group was going to Campbeltown, and the third group stayed at the hotel to try and fix a bike that wouldn't start (GSXR1000 would you believe!)

Anyway I somehow managed to find myself in the Applecross group which proved to be a good move, and we set off around 9.30am. The route, led by some "locals" on the trip, took in stops/views in Tyndrum, Glen Coe, Ballachilsh, Fort William, Kyle of Lochalsh before getting to Lochcarron. At Lochcarron some of the group decided to stay for lunch whilst a select group of us headed over "one of Scotland's most notoriously treacherous roads, the Bealach na Ba (‘Pass of the Cattle’), which crosses the peninsula and reaches a maximum height of 2053 ft (626 m), below the 774 m high Sgùrr a' Chaorachain" (according to Wikipedia)

Applecross is truly stunning, and the weather was glorious. After a fantastic lunch of crab, mango and salad we set off back the same route we came, arriving back in Arrochar at 8.30pm - 11 hours, 400 miles, wonderful lunch and a fantastic ride with great people. What could be better?

After a quick shower and a visit to the bar it was time for our evening meal. During the evening meal we were treated to a couple of young teenage bagpipers who played a few traditional Scottish tunes for us. After a quick collection the two lads came back and played an AC/DC number that had been requested and then it was back to the bar for a couple of drinks.

After a good nights sleep and this mornings breakfast it was then time to leave Arrochar. Unfortunately the weather had taken a real turn for the worse from the day before. So I headed off at 9.15am, and it was gonna be motorway all the way for me.

It absolutely lashed it down from Arrochar down to Tebay and despite a supposed weather proof jacket I was absolutely soaked through. Met some of the other guys at Tebay (including Tobytyke) and after a coffee I set off again. The weather wasn't too bad between Tebay and Horwich, but then the heavens opened again and the M6 and M62 quickly became flowing rivers, and I became a human sponge again.

The rain finally stopped as I pulled off the M62 at J23 for Huddersfield and I finally I got home at 2.08pm, wet, tired, a 1000 miles under my belt but with a smile on my face and some great memories!

Since getting in I have dried off, had my lunch and I have now washed Eva and put her away. Tomorrow, with a bit of luck, she will get her proper clean and polish

This weekend has been brilliant. I've met some members of this forum (Dave, Phil, Dave etc), I've met some real characters (inc Dangerous Jim, Brad) and I've had a blast riding around with like minded people! And the only mishaps experienced this weekend, thank god, was a Gixxer that wouldn't start, a mirror that fell off someone's bike and a nail in a Diavel tyre.

Bring on the next trip!!:upyeah:

• Like Like x 8
  8. Saw the pics on FB - looked rubbish ;-p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sounds like a pretty good weekend there El Toro:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. It was amazing. And the bike got a good run out too :wink:

11. Went Sailing, Great weather for it!

12. So did El T. Down the motorway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I went foodie fish shopping again in France on the 999. Monkfish is about CHF 70 a kilo here. Not surprisingly, at that price (about 50 quid or more...) it's a special treat and only bought on special offer about once a year. Just over the border, it is €19 a kg - about CHF 25.

So, as it was forecast to be blazingly hot (and no weather for wearing leather) I headed off early-ish. Not a cloud in the sky. However, only 10 miles away, it suddenly started raining on me. I had managed to pick up the day's only storm. The roads were damp all the way to the supermarket in France. Dammit! Not bothered about riding in the wet or damp, but loathe cleaning the bike. It's just that I loathe having a dirty bike even more. At least managed one knee down corner before the water arrived - something of a rarity for me on the road.

Still, the shopping was good: monkfish, fresh sardines, small shrimps, andouillettes, entrecôtes and another Coulommiers cheese and a melon, all in my rucksack marked "swag". (That's a lie - it's just a red Alpinestars rucksack). Waved through customs and was liberal with the speed limits on the way home to make sure the fish stayed fresh.

Then it was day of painting walls and ceilings. Sigh.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Yeah I thought that Char :p

15. Can I come pillion next time ;-)

16. You can come on your own bike :smile:

17. :)

18. We can still share a room though :wink:

19. Oh hang on only if I come pillion ;-D

20. Done :upyeah:

And you will be :wink:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information