1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. my thou
    loved that bike

uploadfromtaptalk1375823262312.jpg

2. Great bikes. I loved my K6 too :smile:

3. There can't be much money left in the Bradders family slush fund after your recent spending spree!

4. Seems way lighter than 848 just unloading it, cant wait to give it a go

5. Actually I haven't spent a penny, what with px with cash back and pcp...well thats what I've told the missus ;-)

Looking like overdraft may get a smack!

6. I have to drive to High Wycombe in a bit for a meeting.

7. Cycled to work and back, took No1 son to rugby training on the st2 (is parked at my parents until I get the shit-tip, aka garage, sorted to fit both bikes in, so I gets to see the olds and take the st out). Got my shit together to commute on the 998 tomorrow.

not a bad day really :)

8. Dreamt I was going to the Thuraya offices in Dubai

9. Did you dream about spaceships too?

It's not a proper dream if it doesn't have spaceships in it. :tongue:

10. I dreamt I was going up...

Sorry, I dreamt I'd done a decent day's work rather than hanging around a building site for THREE DAYS waiting for stuff to turn up:mad:

11. install, glad I do very little of it, and when I do its a one day, 2 bloke job ; )

12. balanced carbs on a 2 valve after much re-acquainting by acting on the worst placed adjustment screw ever and still managed to screw it the wrong way but got there in the end after much wheezing and puffing. I'd have had a cigarette normally :)

13. 5 days, three of which I've spent sat in the van...They'll be asking why it isn't finished on monday...

For those of you who haven't worked on a building site, this is how it works:

Delivery driver pulls up to site office without hi-viz or hard hat - "You ain't coming on site" - the stuff weighs in excess of 500kg per pallette, so no delivery today.

Another company delivers fixings, no problem getting it on site, but he's brought the wrong stuff...

First driver comes back with all the right kit - only he's obviously taken the back roads cos twenty thousand pounds worth of kit is smashed to fuck. Fail.

Day 3 - all kit on site and fig is ready to roll. The site forman asks what fixings are being used to hang the kit from the concrete ceilings. fig shows him, the foreman scratches his head. "Have they been pull-tested?" he asks.

fig has never ever heard of this before, swears incandescently at the site foreman and leaves, stage left, for the boozer...

If you think your office job is stressful, spend a day with me trying to get some work done on a building site:mad:

14. sounds spot on, I attended site last week to install a 300 kg per day icemachine in a new national pub chains new pub, 2 of us turned up, wont let us in, no hi viz, back to van to get hi viz, ok now we need to induct you!! , look mate ill be gone in 2 hours, ok just sign in, wheres your hard hat, me swearing at him under my breath coz im getting pissed by now ( been doing this pub chains work for 5 years, never been asked for either) ok ill go and buy some hard hats, wondering back off to get in van when a bloke taps on window and tells me the ice bin aint there anyway, so sod of home, then later on in the day they are harrassing me , can I go to site they are going to courier new ice bin from kent to bideford as other was lost in transit ( the thing weights 100kgs and sits on a pallet, lost? ), anyway nope it will have to be tomorrow, I hate building sites

15. In all honesty there were more than words said, the foreman developed a nosebleed and fig got banned from site. An hour later the foreman was an ex-foreman and fig was reinstated, but by then the momentum was well and truly gone. Try again Monday, this time with the blessing of the site boss. I've never come across a site like this one, where petty rules are called up at random just to stop people working. The site's running 3 months behind schedule, I wonder why.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Today I have mostly been kicking ass and sorting other peoples problems. But pick new Multi up tomorrow so all is not lost :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Its Friday, see my TFIF thread......

Went to work late, got there and had a cuppa before logging in to FB and EBay. Went to Starbucks after my snooze, i was tired from getting out of bed late. Oggled loads of pretty ladies and then got back to work late. Boss is on holiday in Tenerife. The car park is friggin empty.
    I sit down and think, F*&^ it, im off home. Get home to find wife is not there, she's moonlighting with her bloody company handyman.
    I piss off to to my workshop and strip my ST to pieces. Supposed to be changing the cambelts, but Ive whipped the head off and left it in bits. Totally miffed.
    Got home and wife asks me why Im not taking her on holiday. Massive row ensues, I told her she is cheating on me again, totally f*&^cked off with her, sling me ring at her and tell her Im leaving the lying cheatin bitch.
    This should be in the Rant Thread.
    Im online now looking for a friggin head gasket for my ST. Then smile when I log in and read the latest posts. Fig, your week seems lame, you should work here.
    Im not joking, but i feel a great weight lifted from my life. Brother and father ring up and invite me up to Santa Pod on Sunday. Not a bad weekend.

18. Good luck with the st head, Indi.

Good luck with the other stuff, too.

oh, and excellent rant - made my shit day seem all sunshine n strawberries.

19. absolutely nothing yet... its 9:20 and im surfing the net whilst drinking tea in my onesie....

20. Dropped son for his week in the lakes, too much coffee, last race rounds on tv and waiting for missus to ready herself before she takes me to Snells...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information