1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Winter site visits 'essential'?......
    :wink:

2. went for a pi$$ poor ride to seahouses
    its a lovely place to stop off at. but not a good ride at all on a 999. too slow and on ya wrists

3. Changed the 999 head angle from 'stable' to 'dangerous for the road' then went out and thrashed the tits off it. Very satisfying.

OGR

4. I think the aggressive position is mint.
    I have still never had a head shake.
    the relaxed position is for pussies lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Of course. It's work isn't it? :wink:

6. I bagged 48 gromits in Bristol City centre today...

7. Finished work until next Thursday

8. Drove my mate's daughter to her wedding. She looked stunning.

9. Yes, if you haven't got a pristine vintage Rolls-Royce handy, well a rusty old Transit will do just as well. Especially if it's white.

10. went for a ride earlier

uploadfromtaptalk1376589217277.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Actually she wanted to tun up on the back of the Guzzi, but her dad wouldn't let her:frown:

Thankfully I know a guy with a posh Merc who happens to owe me a pint...

• Like Like x 2
  12. finally got the joannah of an x trail oot my work shop here two weeks, wrong parts, wrong parts, going wrong, going wrong. quoted 7hrs took me 15hrs charged 8hrs wat a mug. think iv still got a customer tho. comes to pay his bill switch machine goes down gives me a cheque try and print his bill printer gives up. car drives away every thing starts to work. spooky!

13. you get mugs all the time.
    if I was him id just have paid the 7
    (hahaha)
    ...oooh you were mugged ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Been entered for Thundersport Classic Superbike Anglesey round bank holiday weekend! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  15. I had a happy day motorcycling yesterday. Spent the night in Deal at a friend's so a short hop to the Tunnel. Only took the autoroute as far as St Quentin (that bit of France isn't very interesting) then the little roads to Auxerre. Landed on my feet with the hotel. The owners have 2 DB5's, a DB7, a Bim Santa Monica and the BMW RR thing. No one is likely to steal my 999. (It's in an alarmed garage in any case). A bank holiday here apparently so roads were deserted and progress was made. More than I can say about the roads I did in SE England. My back tyre is now squared off but at least I can use some of the sides. Tomorrow will be twistier.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Who likes coffee?

I just made myself a bacon roll and roasted some coffee beans (yes folks - you CAN do this at home) so I can enjoy the a cup of the very freshest coffee possible... :biggrin:

The only downside to home-roasting is that you get used to the freshness and normal ground coffee just tastes flat in comparison: a few days ago I bought myself a bag of M&S Columbian ground coffee to use in a cafetiere at work and after one cup I had to throw it out. It was just rubbish.

It's kinda like bread: a sliced loaf is fine for making a sandwich but when you try a bit of freshly baked bread, still warm with a dab of butter it's a completely different experience. You'd never think of nibbling on a slice of Kingsmill just for the sheer pleasure of it.

Recipe:

• handful of green (ie: raw) beans, roast in fan oven for 9 to 10 mins, 220C
    • chill in freezer for a couple of minutes
    • grind
    • brew

Bloomin marvellous. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  17. today i will be chuffd with myself. no hangover no work related headaches, this is gonna be a good weekend :upyeah:

18. Today I'm sat with the wife in Southmead hospital ante natal clinic waiting for her 20 week scan :biggrin:

#7018 Attila, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  19. I've sat on the M6 then the M1 in a hot van with no AC wondering what was causing the latest hold up but I'm home now and in about 2 hours I'll be walking to the pub to warm up for the 1st pre-season friendly at Bedford Blues. Shame it's against the heathens from up the road in Northampton and they'll put something resembling a cricket score past us but I'll probably be too pissed to care.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ridden here [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information