1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. As soon as my back's better I'm gonna come round and kick your stool away so you can't get on the mutley:mad:

• Like Like x 3
  2. That's the worst snail impression I've ever seen:upyeah:

3. Tramadol is strange stuff. Works well for pain for me (although oddly it won't touch a headache) but I feel drowsy and vague during the day, and muzzy and unable to sleep at night - it's as if my whole head is vibrating at high frequency. Wipes me out for about 30 hours, but worth it for the relief if the pain gets un manageable.

Fortunately days where pain is bad enough to warrant tramadol are now few and far between.

4. Went to a garden centre (oh the shame of it) and bought some citrus compost and a bigger pot. Re potted my calamondin into a bigger pot. Braved ikea (not too bad at 8pm) and bought a billy book case for the mancave. Much more organised now, looks the danglies. Got motivated so continued taking the CBR apart.

Oh, topped up the battery on the ducati, it was very low on electrolyte, fingers crossed it will take a charge. If not its an excuse to order an AGM battery for it.

5. I went for a spirited and enjoyable ride on the Fireblade, followed by the next couple of hours of OCD cleaning it ready to take it to the dealers later in the week. Although I have now made up my mind to toss it in against the Panigale, it is an incredible ride and does exactly what it should when it should in a very predictable way, or maybe I am just used to it. I do love Fireblades and hope I love the Duc as much if not more once I get used to it.

Boring troll round Tesco's with the other half, followed by the evening on the PC mocking up my plans for a new bike garage and fencing.

6. Fyi thats what happens when you have too much codeine...you feel able to do things ounrealy shouldnt thenget someone to video it ;-)

tbh after my back op I could walk to the loo or upstairs...after my last crash I couldnt...but when you are fighting for podiums the pain is short lived :upyeah:

7. Been the pub :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Today I have just visited a big Lithuanian supermarket, with a comprehensive stock of Lithuanian foods including fresh, chilled, frozen, bakery, delicatessen. Includes a Lithuanian restaurant, florist, hairdresser, etc. Everybody speaking Lithuanian, including PA announcements. I thought I had been magically transported to Vilnius. Then I came out and found I was still in Beckton.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fully into my preparations for my Qatar secondment. Priming No.2 son who will be house-sitting for me.

It's all gotten a bit serious :biggrin:

10. fitted new front cam cover on 999s
    fiddly pita
    will fit the Ti rear wheel adjusters tomoz - had enough today

11. picked some more tomatoes - after last years 'only good for chutney' batch I bought grafted plant - brill crop of cherry's this year :upyeah:

well worth the initial extra pennies

• Like Like x 2
  12. Trip to Brownsea Island with the missus (as I wasn't allowed to do Brands!) so few miles walking in the sun and bike night at Poole when we got bak so be rude not to have fish n chips on the quayside and watch the bikes trip by..

13. Got a whole new batch of drugs to play with today - Naproxen, diazepam and co-codemol. They seem to work a bit better - I can't keep my eyes open, but hey, you can't have everything...

14. I've turned a kilo of mine into tomato sauce today, with garlic, oregano and basil. All out of the garden except the garlic - didn't plant any this year. Seems you have to let it bubble for a couple of hours to get it to thicken up. I then freeze the sauce for pizzas and pasta in the middle of winter. There are a lot more tomatoes to come. I suspect I will end up giving some away to lucky work colleagues.

• Like Like x 1
  15. My dad used to do this before he became ill. And he used to make his own spicy italian sausage. I miss his home made stuff.

16. I don't think I'll have surplus the tortoise keeps pinching them and the dog managed to eat a bowl I'd just picked the other day :rolleyes:

17. top notch move, i did similar a couple of years back, and have a suspicion i will be doing same this year, my toms are only just starting to redden ( clearly red ones, ripen faster...)

mind you, it was an entertaining morning today cooking and pickling a few jars of (bullseye) beetroot- now that is a veg that divides opinion. Im a fan!

p.s. is it pronounced Oreeegarrno, or orrrrregano? ( a la tom cruise in ' a few good men')

18. The tomato-eating dog. How unlucky is that? Mine is pretty keen on fruit and will eat a tomato if you give it to her. But she shows no initiative to eat windfall apples or otherwise do any useful clearing up jobs in the garden. Quite the reverse. She supplies plenty of cleaning up jobs for me.

Our kitchen garden is fenced in - good for foxes, and tomato-eating dogs, not so good for the hedgehogs which could be eating the slugs.

19. My mate had a Fireblade. He said it did everything exceptionally well. He then got an Aprillia RV4, then a Panigale. He reckons the Duc is a much more enjoyable ride, harder work, more involvement for the rider, so don't expect it to be the same. You will also need to get some miles in quickly to get through the "in the wrong gear" stage. rob & I (Diavel) both agree that the more you ride a Duc, the better it gets. Good luck!!!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information