1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Work....dreaming of retirement!

2. well i wasnt makeing tod sauce, but i did turn a frog or two in to puree, just back from arisag wee 100ml jaunt droping of me books.
    why dont they put lights on the 848?

3. used to stop at a lush campsite at arisaig...past the golf course on the old B008...keep going until you go over a little bridge and turn hard left along a little track that runs out to the site
    this place literally was on the beach with amazing sunsets over the sea to eigg and rum..

#7243 Phill, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  4. silver sands i think, cracking beaches up there

5. Drove to Monschau in Germany today, lovely town on the edge of the Eifel national park, drank a nice cool overpriced glass of Warsteiner in the picturesque square and had chips and mayo, very pleasant day, great weather over here and Southern Holland is a very underrated place for a holiday, virtually no British here, superb roads, not a pothole in sight, would be perfect for motorcycle touring. Plus fuel is cheap, just filled up in Germany with Diesel at £1.18 a litre!

just downloaded the latest issue of MCN on the ipad, kids asleep, so time for a few more beers and some peace and quiet!

#7245 Carlos Fandango, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. We know, we've been there...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spent another day in sunny North Devon. Took the family to the "big sheep" farm for a day out. Now sat in the pub having a pint watching the tide come in.

4 more sleeps left and getting excited. Roll on Sunday.

8. rode up through bideford yesterday on my 996, great road from there down to newquay on the atlantic highway, then peeled of back home, tell its holiday season though, roads are busy with slow coaches

9. I'm right next to bideford. You're right the roads are busy. Next time I come I will bring the bike though. Some good rides round here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had three punch-ups in one day in Bideford years ago.

That rough cider takes a bit of getting used to...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Another 150 miles to take me over 600...and Snells managed to squeeze me in tomorrow :upyeah:

12. Phew! I thought you'd conked out for a second there!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Booked a room at Landsend for a weekend run with some mates at the end of September :upyeah: can't come soon enough !

• Like Like x 1
  14. love cornwall newquay and north infact all off it, morganporth superb.

• Like Like x 1
  15. This evening I've been to #1 sons for my tea and to play with my grandson.

He was rather messy with his pudding but he made me laugh all evening :smile:

View attachment 19177

:upyeah:

16. Went for a walk. Not a good idea, I got 500 yards from the van, a red hot poker of pain shot down my left leg and I hit the deck like a sack of spuds. Then had to endure a 500 yard walk in utter agony back to the van. I was kind of hoping I'd be well enough to go back to work on monday, but that's looking highly unlikely at the moment.

17. Close on 100 miles round trip to get my first service done, fitted camera spots on track bike, changed gearing front and rear from a stunt-tastic 15/45 (no wonder I was hitting 13.5k on the straights of Snetterton!) to a more likely 16/42, fitted power supply for iphone to numpty. All in all productive day

18. Oh that sounds so familiar, although its my right leg that gives me trouble. I hope yours passes and you don't get the trouble I do! How's your sleeping? I find it almost impossible to sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time when I'm really suffering, I think I must move and that just sets it off again, leaves me grey faced and with huge black bags under the eyes :-(

19. Sleeping like a log, better than normal in fact. I'm in no pain at all when I sit or lay down. That's the annoying thing, I feel great til I stand up...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information