1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Do it :wink:

2. I've had to put the guy off a week cos I just can't ride the bike at the moment. Hope he's patient enough to wait, cos apart from some scratches in the paint it looks bloody good.

3. Mowed all the grass, attacked a few weeds, picked about another kg or so of tomatoes (I can feel another sauce coming on tomorrow). Watched MotoGp qualifiying (Marquez is going to stuff them all again tomorrow). Then got kitted up and took the 999 out for a blast. Only about 60 miles, but they are twisty miles around the local villages. There are top roads and countryside around here. I am liking the Pilot Power 3 on the rear very much - manoeuvrable bike and sticky enough for me.

Now need to make some noise with the Fender for a top day. More likely though is to see another Pink Panther film from my boxed set. A Shot in the Dark was still very funny last night. Sellers was a genius.

4. slept all day. back at work now.

5. Went on a Bike Safe course around Kent. fantastic day with plenty of useful information. Thoroughly enjoyed it even though got totally soaked!!!!!!
    Well worth doing even though we were shadowed by Police bikes all day!!:upyeah:

6. Travelled up to Newcastle ready for the great north run tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  7. Popped out for fish and chips, in Whitby.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Magpie?

9. I've got back into cycling. Another few more miles clocked up towards my 'Strava Challenge' for the month...

10. After Goodwood yesterday bit of an anti climax today, weather was crap so had a bit of a wasted day, helped kids with homework, tidied up the house etc, decided to out for a ride about 6.30 pm but it just didn't work, I wasn't going anywhere so I was a bit aimless and didn't really think through a good route, ended riding with a tinted visor when it was overcast, so it was like riding in the middle of the night, to cap it all I pulled away in second at a roundabout and looked like a right amateur and had a false neutral changing up the box thrashing down a slip road, so all in all not a great hoon, I'll have another go tomorrow.

11. I just caught a mouse!

It's been pissing down here, and they have to abandon their homes to look for shelter elsewhere. Well, not in my house sonny:mad:

I've got a couple of mousetraps from B&Q that are like fat clothes pegs, just open to arm them, smear some peanut butter under the lid and wait...the mice can't resist peanut butter, never had to wait more than half an hour for a result.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mouse kebabs for you tomorrow then!
    They like Jelly babies as well .

I went to Canvey Island tonight by accident ...
    Thought hmm what's all this water then ?
    Arghhh " welcome to Canvey Island" bugger !!!

Got where I was sposed to be in the end :)
    Lots of early 90s music which was good .

13. Where were you meant to be going?

14. Somewhere else in Essex :) defiantly Not Canvey Island !
    Got back ok but on way home it dawned dam .. The garage people won't let you use the loo.
    :(
    A couple of bikers pulled up and where sat about for ages .
    So I went over to check they were ok.
    They were cold and then the lady said " and the garage won't let me use the loo!"
    I said yup and me too!
    I was in my car as needed to look semi decent for the night :)
    Got to go back to Essex tomorrow :) :)

15. at work, apprentice on holiday. prick. :smile:

16. Today I have been an insomniac. I've been awake since 1.30 and I've watched a Sky plused programme on Harrow school plus MOTD and all the WSB & Motogp qualifying plus WSB and super sport races. I'm now watching moto3 laid on the sofa in my jimmys.

According to the weather forecasters it was meant to be lashing down today. But it isn't. However I've planned my day as if it is. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Took an Associate out for an IAM Observed ride.

18. Turned another 4kg of tomatoes into tomato sauce (with a little help from garlic and garden herbs).
    Watched Moto2 and MotoGP.
    Made an apple tart with windfalls and some pastry from the local boulangerie.
    Going to play guitar now. Would have taken the bicycle out, but it's started to rain.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information