So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Missed a great ride out, bumped into a couple of friends in town while shopping, cleaned multi, sorted garage again so I can start prepping for winter store track bike and room to trip the DR while still have door access for Multi to use, glass or two of wine and now feeling pretty fractious.

Tonight is a night to make or break. Fuck it, break it is!

2. a run down to blairdrumond safari park, wife and kids in the car me on the multi superb. bit chilly coming back over glen coe. in fact cold enough to freeze the piles of an old monkey, cured !!.

3. Travelled back from London. Met my walking buddies yesterday (all women!). We climbed over the O2 Arena, went for a meal then got sloshed and had a great laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Left lands end at 10.30 this morning and got home at @ 9pm this evening ! Rear tyre is shot now 4600 miles :eek:
    had a great weekend :upyeah:

5. Great weekend all round, Saturday went to the elvis convention / auditions at porthcawl which was a great laugh. Sunday went to the motorcycle museum in coventry to take a look at my next bike to restore and then later went to see Fleetwood Mac in concert at the LG Arena (nec). Got back home and sat and watched the moto gp race from earlier. Great weekend all round.

6. You're an Alfa owner, aren't you Char?
    Funny that. I think the small Volvo estates in the Alfa 156 Sportwagon mode look pretty promising. I get that.

On the other hand, I have decided that I need to keep my Alfa until I can afford an Aston or the latest Jag thing.

I call it ambition.

7. No, the fish wasn't a problem, but using my ancient Sainsbury's Fish cookbook from the 80s, the fish, leek and mushroom pie requires me to:

Go to the veg plot in the rain and gathering darkness and dig up leeks and potatoes.
    Wash and chop leeks, fry them in butter.
    Wash and chop mushrooms, sauté them in butter.
    Steam the fish.
    Make a bechamel sauce
    Wash, peel and cook the potatoes. Turn them into purée with butter, milk, nutmeg. This involves a lot of work with a whisk until your arm falls off, having previously used a potato masher.
    Put the béchamel, leeks, onions and mushrooms into a dish. Add the potato purée to the top. Make pattern with fork. Grate and add parmesan to the top.
    Cook in oven for 30 mins at 190°c.

It's not difficult, but it all takes time. But the result was worth it.

8. your sainsburys recipe missed some key steps.

9. I took them as read!

I conditioned myself for the task with a pint of Fullers London pride, and kept myself motivated with frequent glasses of the local rosé. :smile:

10. My GTA Alfa got too expensive to run , it was my third Alfa , first V6 I wrote off in a flood - need a workhorse now - had a big red Volvo estate years ago - loved it

Been carless most the summer

11. Corrected for you :smile:

12. Where's Swiss Tony when you need him

13. Fine wines. Belgian chocolates

• Like Like x 1
  14. Been chillaxing here before flying home this evening..
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. Well it's not "what have you done today" as much as the last few days! Starting Thursday we drove up to Holmfirth to spend a couple of days there. Friday we drove snake pass and visited the devils arse cave, followed by a superb evening in the company of El T, Pixie and Butch, what a great night with superb people, thank you guys for such a fabulous welcome! Saturday started with a wander round Holmfirths food and drink festival where the smells of such a variety of foods was mouth watering, this was followed by a long drive home via the Humber bridge! Sunday was a quiet day apart from the motoGP, WSB, and American Football, and today I learned my credit card has been defrauded!!!!!! Fortunately NatWest picked it up and have blocked the illegal transactions but its just more bloody hassle to be sorted out. So now enjoying a couple of beers to help relax

16. Legoland, Trafford centre. Wallet was raped on the way in, despite 2 for 1 vouchers. But being there with my boy was priceless. Excellent.

17. Worked and had a very nice day :wink:
    Monday night is bike night for my local club, so thought I'd get the speed triple out as the Multi needs a new rear, battery flat as a pancake ! So get the Bonneville out and bloody battery flat on that too ! Bump started and off I went. Had to bump it twice more tonight. So that's what happens when you buy a Multistrada your other bikes don't get used enough :rolleyes:

18. Good luck with that,Melvin's natwest credit card and bank account has been hacked three times in the last 5 weeks. The second time it happened the bank set up a brand new account, log in etc. this was hacked before Melve even received the details himself so we know it isn't malware reading the keystrokes. It's huge hassle, and frankly the bank doesn't seem to care.

19. I remember years ago on Radio 2 Terry Wogan talking about the Queen visiting Legoland in Windsor and saying that she was the only one who could afford to go!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information