1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Just got off the phone after a call from my son, who has been describing the 1hour typhoon simulator flight that he has won in a raffle at his RAF camp, that he has donated to me! So in the not too distant future I shall be making my way to Lincolnshire to visit the Battle of Britain flight and museum tour, and take my trip, something that very few, other than those fortunate enough to fly, will ever get to do! Am I feeling chuffed or what!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I was lucky enough to "fly" a Chinook in the simulator at RAF Benson. I didn't crash, but I did get a bit airsick.

3. Yesterday, I went to London for a reunion luncheon with some old and valued friends and ex-work colleagues. It got a bit messy, hence the post today!!!!!

4. scored a cracking goal at fitter fans tonight

5. Work, finished painting No2 son's bedroom, sorted a couple of washes out, dinner and a bottle of Chablis while faffing on here/t'internet. Can't find the bloody passport, though :-O

6. Had my first mince pie of the season

7. except it isn't the season. Yet.

8. Wow, I'm very envious. I have ' flown' in the Hercules simulator at Brize norton? I 'piloted' the Hercules in to Hai Tac (spelling?) twice and flew under the harbour bridge whilst I was about it. It was the best computer game I have ever played!! They had to almost break my fingers to get me out of it.

9. True but someone left some unattended in my cupboard

10. From last year? Strueth. You were desperate. :smile:

11. Fair enough I reckon

12. Earned my money

13. Well I couldn't drink Calvados without something to nibble

14. Nothing 30 seconds in the microwave can't deal with :wink:

15. prept the family allowance for a blast on sunday.

16. Standing joking with Donal Macintyre .
    Top bloke .
    Laughing at why we were not out partying .. What happened to Friday nights !
    Really nice man with great sense of humour.
    His wife didn't say much but he was really funny.
    Suddenly we twigged who it was.
    Thought is it ..??? Nah .. Then his wife called him Donal .
    Surreal.

17. Had a shocker of a week, really hard work every day and my sciatica's been bad too. Never mind though, it's over now, I've got a week off, a pile of bits ready to go on the Guzzi, and I'm off to the bikeshed.cc show in Shoreditch today to drum up some inspiration. Think I'll get some beer involved this weekend, too.

18. Today I have been on a nice brisk ride with Matt46. The route was as follows:

route.jpg

route.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Worked all day today, and watched everyone else enjoying the sun hooning around, so pretty pissed off :mad:

20. Sobered up, off out again tonight to do it all again!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information