1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I have used Krem and Petseal in the past with the Krem i got the full kit descaler, etcher + sealer which was white in colour and it did a good job, this was before ethenol was added to our petrol, Petseal i used on my old 1960 T100SS tank and is still good after 25yrs, i had to clean my Virago tank this summer due to me forgetting to brim the tank over winter, i bought some descaler chemical (cant remember what though would have to check in the garage) washed out well and then used etcher/inhibiter to finish off came up a treat, then brimed it. I got all my chemical info from web searches for classic restorations. HTH (Phosphoric acid just had a look)

Mike

2. It does, thankyou. I've just had a good look inside it with a torch and mirror, and it's not as bad as I expected, but would still benefit from some preventative care.

3. just got up, too many hours of late cracking day out side but cant be arsed doing much. might play on wee mans quad.

4. SteveB That's an interesting piece of work. I would be very interested to know more about how you made the frame. What material, what method of welding and did you use some form of jig. If you have any photos of the work when you were doing it that would be very interesting to me. I suppose a huge advantage to making that frame is there is minimal bending needed!
    Well done, I love seeing things like this.

5. We've been to Toys R Us.

I've never seen so much landfill in one place.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hope you didn't see what you were having, before Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 13 mile walk in the pissing down rain this morning. Was going to go for a blast on the Diavel, but the weather is still really shite. Off to my mates for a cuppa and a chat instead.

8. And hoofuckingrah! The bloody washing machine has decided to flood the utility room. And I can't see where it's leaking from. :rolleyes:

Twatting thing. :mad:

9. I used to have a bike like that too...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Threw some paint in the general direction of the Guzzi tank. Decals next week, then shitloads of lacquer...

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

11. You should sell the spray painted tarp as a Banksy :) :)

12. I'm thinking of selling the shed door...

13. Went and looked at an Audi

Feelin the love - how bad is that :-(

14. Underlayed the upstairs.

15. Morning spent in dennis the menace lounge trousers and a towling hoodie watching racing until a mate turned up, ebay surfing for cheap slipper, Bazzaz options and PC5...then some research on std slipper and its adjustments...then garage and did some prep for Cartagena: slipper seems adj to how tinternet says it should so cant improve it much, checked nuts n bolts for tightness, oil level (may change yet), changed rear sprocket to a bigger one, then had a go at the biggie for me, never done it before; full brake fluid change on split lines. Seemed to be clear (from green silicone to clear dot 5) and no air although brake not as quite as firm as it was...and learned that bleeding the m/c needs to be done first and last!

heres to it working at the end of the straight first flying lap...

16. Went to watch the Weston Beach Race. First time I've been in 6 or 7 years. Not as mad as it was with the new start regime and the sidecars and quads now in their own race rather than mixing it with the solos but the weather was just as cold and wet as normal!

17. Wrap a bungee round the handlebar and brake lever to pull it in and leave it overnight, flick the brake line occasionally to shift any air bubbles, they'll rise to the top and you're sorted.

18. Nice. Any difference for split lines? This is the bit I'm unsure of, that and the fact i hope I managed to get all the silicone shit out! I hear they don't mix very well...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information