1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. New oil & filter in the car... noticed the tail light lense was wonky on the SS whilst transversing the driveway? One screw halfway out. Have booked in a complete bolt-tightening session today rather than another wax & polish session...

Its for the best. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rode my Super Tenere to the Italian Bike and Car day near Edinburgh. Took the S10 as I was picking up a set of SS forks and yokes and needed to strap them on the back, didnt think it would have been as easy trying to get them on the back of the 888 . Still managed to break my full tank range record at 250mile and still running. Loads of ducatis and nearly as many Fezzas turned up. PS I know th car is a Masser not a Ferrari but was the 1st one I'd seen in the flesh.

dunno 021.jpg

dunno 008.jpg

3. Gave the fuglystrada a sound thrashing today. Amazing what a bit of sunshine can do.

4. Fell off the ladder doing the roof of the gazebo......landed on the edge of the patio on my foot, pelvis and right shoulder, the one I bolloxed in my Snetterton crash 2 years back.......arse.......

5. I knew you and Rod Hull had things in common!

And I didn't mean having your hand up a bird Nog!

• Like Like x 1
  6. He was stupid tho, had the emu NOT been a flightless bird he'd still be with us......Lol...

7. Listen Nog any bird that's had your hand up there is clearly incapable of flight! :tongue::wink: Only joshing!

#787 Royum, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  8. went out for a ride with my mate (me on Roxy the Ducati, and him on his ZXR 750 H1) as its his 30th today. Loved the sight of two decent sports bikes going through the MK roundabouts and country lanes in unison, 4 cylinder banshee wail and two pot thunder bouncing back and forth like godzilla playing tennis with god. Loved seeing the old school ZXR knee down* (first knee down for my mate) and absolutely loved the look on his face when we noticed the knee sliders on his two day old frank thomas one piece suit are too far back, meaning he got not only the slider down, but also the knee of the suit. :biggrin: no real damage to the leather though, just a small scuff about the size of a penny!

*Old late 80's sports bike being ridden the way they were intended just look sooooooo much better than the new motorised blenders out there now.

9. Laid in a corn field .. Watching the , meteor shower and satellites whizz by , just thinking things over life, the universe and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Now curled up with a hound on my lap.
    My therapy..

11. I started this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344948294.153376.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344948294.153376.jpg

12. Wow! You're a dab hand with papier-mâché!

13. The best lol

14. Called in at Fujack's for a cuppa before going collecting for some of the forum members....

[​IMG]

Then packed my bag ready to return to Monkey Island for work tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  15. If it stays still long enough it's going orange maybe I'm half Dutch

16. 30 mins of repetition training - run x mins, then walk x mins etc. sounds easy on paper but even for someone reasonably fit its hard going after 4 or 5 reps. my sweat was sweating, and I think my legs may have disowned me. I need some Ducati branded compression recovery leggings!! :tongue:

17. Blummin' hippies :rolleyes:

:wink:

18. lol......... well thats the last bloomin time I wish on shooting stars for other people ungrateful buggers!!

Brought back to earth with a bang ......
    Next day toothache from hell despite a root canal filling a few weeks back :(
    Lucky for me friends found me an emergency dentist in Norfolk who then said sorry its got to come out :(
    Severe fear of dentists ..
    later with my new toothless hag look went to ride home and dam reg recs fried on my bike and lovely newish Motobatt gel battery not cheap looks like a football!!
    Have had to leave my bike behind.
    If the battery had gone bang and damged my paintwork and frame and engine casings I would have been gutted!!

Swore at the bike ... as its fuel sensor packed up then heated grip panel , then it vibrated its rear light off and now fried reg rec and battery .
    So much for going for a bimble about tomorrow :(

19. I brought it as a "well serviced" bike went to Southampton to get then rode it home ... Pulled up outside my house and the electrics went!!!!!!

3 glorious years later the little barsteward has had near everything changed .. Custom shock .. Custom paint , new tank , termis , serviced.
    Carbs rebuilt..needles and jets..
    Every bloody bit of that bikes been lovingly overhauled..
    Just needs cosmetic bits.
    It has tried to kill me ...
    Actually the reg rec prob is the last original bit of the m600 I got except the engine and reg rec!!!! Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information