1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. This is it's protest as I a fin icky 400 as well :(

No 600ss for me due to slope where I live and my bikes have to be lowered 6 inches!
    Ss has that canterlevered shock it's a mare to lower sadly and I can't have fairings or belly pans on my bikes .

2. There was a very short time (only a few months) in the last 30 years when I didn't have a bike.

I have to admit, that amongst the other feelings, there was definitely one of relief. No more hassles, no more bills. It just emptied and entire in-tray of work and energy.

Naturally I signed up to all the aggro and expense a few months later.

But there is definitely a time to get shot of a bike. If it can't be relied on to give you fun with little hassle, it's time to chop it in for something else. It's not a dog, a puppy, a cat or a child. It's just bolted together bits (however much you like it).

3. Fitted new manifold rubbers to the SS on Sunday, all ready for a blap round in the sun when I thought I'd have a look at the strange oil leak from the belt covers??!

[​IMG]

Shitshitshit.

Just changed the vert pot pulley seal, this one will be more of a pain in the ass as it doesnt have a handy spacer you can pull out to pull the seal out from the back...

Local bike shop didnt have one in the correct size (30mmOD/18mmID/7/7.5D) , have ordered one in from Riders Bristol on Monday, may be here next week along with a new horiz.pot pulley shaft seal, I can safely assume that has turned to charcoal too. :mad:

Oh well. :frown:

4. Bikes are just entropy waiting to happen.

5. *** If anybody has a spare seal for the belt driveshaft (93785.1830) could they let me know? Am getting fidgity and it looks like a nice weekend lol :upyeah:

6. Seals aren't bike specific you know, go to your nearest brg/seal supplier with the dimensions and application and you'll prob pick one up for a coupla quid :upyeah:

7. Granted - there is a bearing supplier down the road, the only thing stopping me from doing this was the high engine temps, wouldnt know if an ordinary seal - say to suit a fork or other cold-running application - would stomach the lava-temperature of an SS engine for long?? Been raining the last few days so didnt feel too bad about driving everywhere lol

8. I've either been very lucky or very careful, because I've never really had any bother with any bike i've ever owned, and have only had to pay a mechanic once in 17 years when I had the clutch rebuilt on my LC (a job I should have done myself as it was so easy) I've near on completely rebuilt my neighbours ZX9-R though...

As for tomorrow - more repetition training after work.....

9. Passed yet another professional exam this morning. Phew! All being well just one more to go, mid October.

The £100 exam bonus from my boss will come in handy seeing as the Monster failed its first MOT yesterday morning and now needs new front wheel bearings (the rear ones having been replaced 3000 miles previously at the pre WDW service). Ho hum, Saturday morning a trip to Moto Rapido beckons ...

10. I got a cheeky tax rebate... :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Four figures ?

12. Just three sadly, of course this more than justifies a spend of double that on anything bikey...! :biggrin:

13. Speak to carbon king

14. I really need to man up :redface:.

Just been to the dentist to get two small fillings done. Unfortunately.........

I`m absolutely petrified of the dentist, he could smell the fear, took pity on me (I think) and just filled one. I nearly trampled him in my rush to get out o there. It`s stupid really, it didn`t hurt and was done in minutes.
    Got to go back in September for the other.
    On the bright side, I may get run over by a bus before then :rolleyes:.

15. I fell asleep while having a root canal and bit her finger

16. Got some good news today an MRI scan at last to look at shoulder. May get fixed once and for all soon yeahhhh
    Unfortunately a few weeks ago we had to sell Megs my springer she has gone to a lovely lady with two other springers
    We met up today in Gloucester to see Megs swimming
    Me and kids got soaked through nothing like wet jeans but great fun
    Had to drive back semi naked thank goodness car went like a dream
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345217099.272722.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345217113.935260.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345217127.953682.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345217099.272722.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345217113.935260.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345217127.953682.jpg

17. Good news on the scan, hope they can get you back fully fit soon. Sorry you had to sell your dog, we have 3 Huskamutes, and although they can be a pain at times, I'd really miss them if they weren't here.

18. It helps that the lady has two others and she is now doing agility and Megs looks fab and happy that makes letting her go easier

Roll on next year let's go riding yeahhh

• Like Like x 1
  19. There's a cure for that:

Get abominable tooth ache.
    Then, when you are in agony, the dentist drill looks almost like a friendly object. He can't really make anything worse and you know it's going to be better in a few minutes or so.
    Worked for me (though I'd not really had much fear of the dentist for decades).

Stop being a powder puff!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information