So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I'm just annoyed with myself that's all :/

2. I'm a constant source of annoyance to myself. Don't let it get to you. Look at it this way, vehicle technology has come on so much in the last few decades that bikes and cars are unrecognisable from the ones that were about when the speed limits were introduced. It's the law that's wrong, not you:wink:

3. I agree wholeheartedly. Makes fuck all difference though :wink:

4. I got stopped for 45 in a 30 (dual carriage way in Croydon) a week before my wedding. Couldn't even surrender my licence as I needed it to collect a hire car on honeymoon! All that stress and annoyance with myself, wondering if I was going to get extra-shafted for not surrendering my paperwork etc... Turned out to be a non event. Insurance hardly moved and a nicely worded letter meant they were fine about surrendering documents late. Still, I'd rather avoid it in the future!

5. One Saturday morning a copper decided it would take five of them to pull me (2 cars and a bike) despite the fact I hadn't broke a law. An aggressive nicking it was too, so much so I ended up threatening to punch the bike cop's lights out. All they could say when I asked why they stopped me was that 'a lot of these bikes get stolen'. Sure, aircooled fuglystradas are getting nicked from every street corner...I totally lost respect for the old bill after that incident.

6. Picked my bike up from Swindon after its hols. Winter rebuild starts here!

7. What for? Speeding? Speeding in an inappropriate place? Allowing yourself to get caught?

I don't get annoyed with myself for speeding. Let's face it, if I never sped, I might as well give up biking and just do gardening.

I was idly looking through the window of an exotic car garage yesterday after it had closed - you know, the sort of place stuffed with Lotuses (Loti?) Aston Martins, Porsches, Maseratis, Ferraris etc. None of these cars make any sense at all in a world in which all speed limits are strictly enforced. Bikes ditto (apart from Honda CG125s).

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've just made some covers for the arms of the sofa we bought, two weeks ago Off White seemed such a good idea. We're too frightened to sit on it hence the covers. I think I may pass on stripping the 749 down for its winter clean in the sitting room.

9. Booked a local Indian for 20 for a bikers night out with mates :upyeah:

10. Yet we all still lust after the bloody things (not CG125's...). Proof positive that it is the law that's wrong. Fast is good.

My old man would say 'You won't get there any faster going at that speed', and he was wrong every time...

11. poor lass, take some Savlon

• Like Like x 3
  12. Got out on the bike for an hour, which was the first time in maybe 6 weeks. Looks like that the last time for a while. Not sure what I'm going to do till spring!!

13. Went for a ride on the bike in the rain.

14. Looking like 26 will be needed...she'll be busy and as raw as my arse after a phal

15. Carried Chars shopping round Gunwharf.....

16. Finished the arm covers and just made the first christmas cake.

17. Told you only yesterday you weren't completely useless :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. And if he paid that would make him useful...you should meet my missus Char, you'd get along ;-)

19. Nah I always pay my way

He'd want a meal cooking or a blow job or summit :eek:

20. He hasn't enough hair for a blow job...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information