1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Stop fe#cking about and get some Christmas tinsel decorations on that thing , pdq.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Build yourself a timber one, double skinned, with the outer skin wrapped in breathable waterproof membrane and then clad outside of that. You only need the insulation if you intend to heat it, other than that timber breathes so no internal condensation:upyeah:.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I can safely say my shed never gave the condensation my garage did.

Since I had it extended, it’s now insulated and plasterboarded and works really well. But was still having drops due to the cold concrete floor. But since I put the flooring down early this year, this winter I have no signs of condensation at all!

So insulate all walls and ceiling and add a decent pvc/vinyl tile floor would be my recommendation

• Like Like x 1
  4. I tried this flooring method only to find puddles and moisture under it created during a sharp change in the weather.
    Seemingly the non breathable pvc/vinyl covering only trapped the moisture underneath it creating a slow damp release throughout the garage.
    I’ve since removed it and resorted to using a dehumidifier and fan heater when needed.
    I’d like to rethink this in spring, which type/ brand name of flooring did you find worked?

5. I have the proper click together garage tiles and my floor was always damp under when I put the foam type tiles down. With this Flor, there isn’t any sign at all.

6. .

If you put a raised timber floor over the concrete pad upon which such a ‘shed’ is built then there’s no dampness on the floor or under any flooring tiles that are put down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks sounds like a good recommendation
    Have you lifted it mid winter to inspect it for any signs of moisture?

8. And if there’s someone who knows about sheds it’s you Paul!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Sat waiting for my flight to knock, pondering serious garage flooding questions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Most people are worrying about those last minute presents but not you.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. All sorted, if I’ve forgotten anything it’s too late now!!
    Guinness awaits!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yes the early bird catches the worm everytime in my book, sorted all mine a few weeks ago, also have draught Guinness stocked for this Christmas.
    Have a fab time.:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Watching YouTube videos on Texas Hold em poker, as I'm playing for the first time tonight.

Reckon I'll leave a billionaire :D

14. Nope. The old foam ones did, but there are sold ins. The have a car on one side that won’t allow tiles to move, so any bubbling would be obvious. You allow a small expansion around anyway, like a laminate flooring

• Like Like x 1
  15. That was/is my last resort, as the ceiling isn’t mega high, the floor entrance isn’t flat so adding a lift isn’t preferential

• Like Like x 1
  16. As in you’ll leave and your mate will be a billionaire…. :p ;)

#84116 bradders, Dec 23, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Paid the last visit of the year to MR and collected my 748R. The workshop has done one hell of a job. Andy
    20221223_103813.jpg
    20221223_103943.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Got my mtb out for first time in years to ride to the golf club. It’s about half hr walk so maybe 2 miles max. But mostly uphill!! That was tough!!
    good 5 mile walk swinging a stick, now having celebratory beer before getting back on the threader and heading home.
    What an adventure!
    37059AEE-96F4-4FF3-BD3C-5E404FDE833B.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  19. Went to the gym, last decent session before the gluttony starts. Then spent about 2 hours washing and polishing the car. Off to the neighbours for Christmas drinks in a minute, then out for a Thai with the family.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Night on the boat with a bottle of Rum.

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information