1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. A little premature and perhaps unlucky for some folk putting it away before the dozen days are up.

2. Cleaning up this fekkin mess …

87EA35B4-BDE5-4DC8-BA40-6044BF3FA36C.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 2
  3. Wow, some party that was!

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. That’s got to be a water leak.

Thanking my lucky stars today. Yesterday evening my ex next door neighbours house went up in smoke.
    They were having building work done and obviously something went very wrong after their builders had left the site. What with the Liz Truss debacle and now the poor neighbours place going up in flames I’m so relieved I sold when I did.

Thankfully no one was hurt and they are in a rental property anyway. Still a terrible shame for them though. I messaged them, must have been an awful shock.

0A5C58A7-D082-425E-8690-36B6E4FC630A.jpeg B4C8854B-A6B1-439C-A31D-DA0ABC89D7D5.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. speechless, total shock = an understatement..
    glad no one hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Did the earth move for you my dear.......

So sorry to hear about this, hopefully it's a quick fix especially if you can do it yourself and save some funds on labour & materials.:heart:

7. My mother in laws bungalow who’s been in a nursing home the last 6 months. Tidied up most of the ceiling rubbish and lifted the carpets as the walls were starting to absorb the water. Hot air heating packed up ages ago. Wondering whether a heater or dehumidifier would be better to dry the remaining moisture ?

8. A dehumidifier would be very useful
    that and some elbow grease
    Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Much less likely to wreak havoc on remaining plaster. Heater on very low and dehumidifier best option.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. With the bad luck you’ve just unleashed, the will to live is the least of your worries.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Where there’s blame there’s a claim.

12. My Wife handles these tasks, like having an unpaid servant that’s a little too mouthy sometimes…….

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Sat outside having a coffee this morning and sat in the garden this afternoon. Never done either on New Years Eve before. 17 degrees C today.

Our little French house is already proving its worth and it cost less than a medium size German SUV.

• Like Like x 7
  14. My last ride out of the year today, around Dordogne and Lot valleys. 16 degrees :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Cheers drizzle here in South Staffs. :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Is this exceptional weather for the time of year? I was expecting around High single figures at best. The light is so much brighter too which is so uplifting.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’m very tempted to buy a place over there next year. The little voice in my head though says that all the shite with having a time limit on how long we can stay etc is throwing a spanner in the works. Especially as we can stay in a lot of air bnbs for a fraction of the cost.

18. The time limits are a pain but not insurmountable. It’s still 3 months in every six and if you want to stay for six months you can apply for a six month visa.
    There are moves from some french politicians to make it six month stays in every twelve but that has to be an EU wide decision.
    It is a much more relaxed way of life and at some point I want to get a bike I can leave here. I would have been out on it today if I did. It’s been like the first warm spring day we get in the UK…..but it’s New Years Eve!!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information