1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Yep. It was pretty muddy. But a good walk all the same. That’s my daily step count smashed, just to steer clear of the beer on the fridge.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shouldn’t be a problem if it’s a tall fridge.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Viv, start as you mean to go on as it's a new year.........all those calories my dear.:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I'd my first walk today for sometime as the feet are still not right, one pair of jeans didn't fit last night so more exercise required this month.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. sounds as though we all know what we've got to do now.. : unamused:

never mind - could start tomorrow? :p:):sun:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Cleaning my 33 year old BMW... this one:
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/small-bike-things-youve-done-today.82554/page-182#post-2026487
    Exhaust is starting to look amazing after 33 years and 116K km, lots of elbow grease. Still needs some work.
    ----
    Engine underside better than expected, due to the oil and sand residue after 25? years not being cleaned there, me happy. Ordered new studs, looking at the old ones, a no go, looking good.
    ----
    Black plastic mudguards? ;-).
    A wikihow article said to use a couple of drop of household olive oil... yeah right!
    Total BS IMO.....

Worked like a charm, bright and black again after 33 years, could not believe the result.
    Parts have been lying around for 10 days now, no change in appearance. WOW!
    Do not overdo this, it wil be one greasy mess, a couple of drops, do not ask me how I know.

One is more shiny than the other, did a second go on it, not sure if I like it, to shiny... olive oil and toiletpaper, amazing how black the paper gets while rubbing... cheers! Happy new year!

Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 17.03.51.jpg Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 17.07.01.jpg Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 17.06.43.jpg Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 17.06.28.jpg Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 17.04.07.jpg

#84246 NineNineSix, Jan 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Try again in Feb :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Decided to take the dog for a walk, for the ten minutes the heavens opened. Back on the sofa with a glass of champers. Pizzas being delivered as we speak.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tidied the garage and prepared the bike for the first ride of 2023 tomorrow. Forecast is sunny & dry. :motorcycleduc::)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Exactly as i'll need to polish these mince pies off first, donated today from a friend.
    20230101_170146[1].jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Took the tree and everything else down and away in the garage for another year.

No signs of Christmas left now apart from a few chocolates in a bowl and some of my daughters legendary stuffing. I'll defrost the last of it tomorrow to have with whatever is for dinner, as it acts as a fabulous laxative and will kick start the weight loss programme next week.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Traditional New Year’s Day round of golf with the lads. 1 over going out, thought I’d cracked the game after 40 years of trying. Back nine 48 put me straight though :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Too right :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. Oh no wonder your jeans don't fit :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. New Year's Day meal done and dusted
    Christmas table packed away
    Decs down in the dinning room for now

Healthy eating starts tomorrow
    Might join Bradders doing 10k steps a day

E8681624-2724-4167-B1AC-0DE3DC25EA4A.jpeg 022CE7C1-8DED-4AD5-9F04-71120C29BAD4.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. It’s bad luck to start eating healthily on a bank holiday!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Let's go for Tuesday then :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Been there brother! Par after 9, 10 over after 18!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. 17k today. Get marching :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  20. 5,042 today

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information