1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I floated over to Horley today for a friend that wanted a intergrated built under fridge, the ebayer only gave me the postcode and nothing else like the address & contact number if you get lost.
    Before i set off on my journey i googled the location, but when i arrived it was just a leisure centre and rows of houses....crazy.!
    Anyway i put on my deerstalker hat and found a block of garages that he was renting by pure chance, the appliance was rejected within minutes as he'd no electricity on site for testing the goods................another ebay tosser doing the company proud.!

2. Have tried contacting the waterboard? They may be able to pin point the water source. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  3. We've dealing with frozen pipes on the extension we're building.
    Ended up using the outside tap next door, drain any hosepipes out too.

4. Probably frozen, you should be able to isolate an outside tap and be able to drain it down.
    If it is frozen keep an eye on it as it thaws, frozen pipes only leak as they thaw.

5. Had identical scenario but trusted the vendor, you can guess the result - I think I got a refund via EBay that time.

6. Well this chap said to me, take it away and if it doesn't work bring it back..........yeah right, he just wanted a sale regardless.

7. 9C655286-36DA-47D1-B49B-5A832C1561F3.jpeg C7CC5DE6-6DA7-43A0-9873-CF86E08DC81E.jpeg C7FC72A6-D277-4456-920E-45F38B7BC375.jpeg
    Basel seems nice.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. #84748 XH558, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Put on a suit for the first time in two years.

Good job I tried one on last week, because it had shrunk :astonished::D so bought an off the peg at the weekend.

Now need to lose a few inches/feet so I can use the ones I have simply gathering dust...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shortening one’s self can be tricky business.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Had the builders maintenance team in this morning…….couple of areas in the kitchen where the plaster had “blown” for some reason so they’ve chipped it out and re plastered, and there was a chip to the cill on the front door which is now being repaired.

Tomorrow the painter is in to paint the plastered areas and to do a chip in the paint on the lounge window cill. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Flew back to lurvely Luton yesterday. I knew it was a bad idea. Woke up this morning to a proper frost, as I’m sure most people in the UK did. At least it was bright and sunny but that’s the worst for the condensation.

Looked in the garage to inspect the condensation which surprisingly wasn’t bad until the sun goon the roof.
    So I went and picked up a used motorbike ‘cocoon’ I’d bought on the Bay. That should look after the Multistrada.

E7120EB7-9FDE-420A-9E87-032BA7816F08.jpeg
    People knock Ryanair but what do you expect, it’s a bus with wings forchrisake. It was on time and it cost me 13 Quid to fly Malaga to Luton. Fantastic.

I didn’t hire a car when I was out there so I caught a bus to Malaga and then the train ( underground type short haul train) out to the airport.

Flight £13
    Bus €4+
    Train €2+
    Whole shooting match 20 Quid.

Bonkers! And people say to me why do you go out there so much. :joy::joy::joy::motorcycleduc::sun::upyeah:

#84753 Sam1199, Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Had a good day, first time driving a van, and my destination was redbull racing! Be there again tomorrow for the event. BE04B465-8ACE-4BC5-A2F0-F984F5C50896.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Second day of repairing the damage from a very over indulgent weekend.

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. Is the missus still fuming?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Nah she’s ok, is used to it now and says it’s all my own fault!

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. WTF did you do?

18. Feel the Burns!

19. Just finished decorating kitchen, utility and study,
    now where’s my van I'm out of here.

EAEBEE15-B0CF-4142-9A49-18B8F1993CB6.jpeg

2AAA2075-B0F0-4257-8FFC-3D540C924113.jpeg

7AF62B7C-A3BF-4055-8BE7-B683D107A68A.jpeg

#84760 Roadtrip, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information