1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. If they try that shit here, I’ll tell them to take the green bin away, and everything will go in the grey bin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Then they’ll refuse to empty your grey bin as it’ll be contaminated with the wrong type of rubbish.
    They may even reward you a sticker with Environment Crime written on it!
    Where are you located btw?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dug out my dark suit last night
    Going to my dear old mum’s cousins funeral later today.

Hope there’s sandwiches!

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. :heart: The last time i attended two funerals was in 1994 for my late grandparents, i clearly don't know enough folks.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Glad you are suiting and booting it Carr01, I've done what I think is more than my fair share of Funerals in recent years, and have at times felt a little disgusted at the lack of respect being shown by people turning up in jeans and trainers to the funerals of people who would of been disappointed had they seen it.
    It's obviously acceptable for the funeral of somebody who would have expected it.

But I'm perhaps a little old fashioned believing that most older people, who were always a little formal and well turned out themselves, deserve a congregation that has thought a little about what that person would want or expect.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Good man. Despite being a distant relative your mum would be proud that you are going.
    And sausage rolls. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Spot on.

8. Woke up to a bit of snow and some person last night made snow balls on the top of Mini and decided to sweep the snow from her bonnet :mad:

2E064E30-F66B-4459-AD3D-FC94AB12582F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Been raining heavily for the last hour or so here :( Andy

10. Nevermind that, where's the little cars winter jacket.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. She is tough like her mama

• Like Like x 3
  12. All is forgiven then.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I haven’t been to a funeral in ages. My Father didn’t want a funeral nor wake, we just picked up his ashes once the task was complete. It was his wish for a no nonsense disposal of his body. He now sits in an urn at the bottom of the garden next to the MiL ashes in her urn.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Both Lady Nasher and myself have made it quite clear to our lads and anyone interested that we feel the same way as your father.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Jeez, looks like I picked the right time to be out of the country.
    For a start, the weather’s better here!
    Decided to move further reports to its own dedicated thread, see

South African Road Trip.

• Like Like x 1
  16. As you may be aware it’s a difficult time, my Father was very clear all through his life that he didn’t want a fuss when he died.

it only upset the 1 Catholic member of the family she attempted to influence my Mother in having a full dressing funeral but my Fathers wishes were respected. He wasn’t a religious person in any way shape or form.

• Like Like x 3
  17. That makes sense for everybody concerned.
    My grandfathers was the black carriage with two black horses, the only complaint was from a friend following in the procession with his cosworth that was overheating for an hour onroute, the electric fans were on all the time.:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. I had a heated conversation with them a few months back, as some kind soul decided to put some crisp packets in our recycling bin one night, which meant they couldn’t empty the bin the next morning, as crisp packets aren’t recyclable.

When I spoke to the woman at the council to ask her to send the bin men back, rather than wait another fortnight, she said just put everything in the grey bin and they’ll take that. When I then questioned her, she said it’s not a rule, just a request that we recycle, and that we can put anything in the grey bin, apart from the items listed on the lid.

I’m in Surrey.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just saw Charles and 'milla go by.. - saw a Police bike with blues on, so poked my head out as such a rare sight and then a mass of blue lights, many bikes and 3 vehicles, first of which was a Rolls Royce Phantom. Definitely doing 40 mph in a 30 but hey, if you got it flaunt it, possibly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. I hope you swept outside your house and waved.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information