1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I given you a like as you've got round those stupid square rules.:upyeah:

#85461 XH558, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I’m liking the calendar, lucky you got it past the mods.;)

#85462 DucatiScud, Mar 12, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joined a local golf society (posh name for a group of people) and 20 of them played.

I ended up 6th, so quite happy and knackered now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. And 6th with 35 points means some members are handicap bandits, but no fighting on the first round :D

Winner was 38 for the golfers.

5. After a weekend in an immigrant hostel, more commonly known as Mecure Swansea, which we’d paid £100 per night to be kept awake by kids running around everywhere all night, almost no paying guests meaning restaurant and bar like a ghost town (except said kids lounging all over the settees on games shouting at each other) and breakfast being taken as soon as it was put out, glad to head back home today and managed to get 18 in just before it got too dark

Safe to say we won’t be going back to Swansea any time soon.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mate played in comp today, they shot 87 points on best of two out of three stableford (he shot 47 himself, gross 73 and 11 under his handicap!) and they came 5th…… we have guys (same guys ;) ) who regularly shoot 49/50 points off 85% handicap. 36 in our club comps would be bottom 5!

• WTF WTF x 1
  7. Some handicap auditing required :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thing is, they will have the same handicap some end of the year too. Simply don’t put cards in, or when they do in a monthly medal they are 100 plus…then when stableford comps, club pairs etc come round, they smash it. And they see nothing wrong in doing that either

• WTF WTF x 2
  9. Two of my kids play in this society and it's run pretty well. They have to put their cards in and debate on a Whatsapp group, so there's nowhere to hide.

I am lucky to get a corporate game or two a week during the summer, so add the society game once a fortnight all over my area and it's enough golf for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Got up just before midday, went out for a late lunch with a friend, thoroughly disappointed, as the food/ service was appalling, bit of telly and ready for an early night now.

11. Ever considered entering those two May 2001 puppies in Crufts?

Surefire winners IMHO.

#85471 Twinlover, Mar 12, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Always a popular bred those Pink nosed puppies always get a lot of fuss when they’re out in the fresh air.:D

#85472 DucatiScud, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. Agreed, though sometimes when they get the scent of fresh air, their recall goes to pot and they can be difficult to get back in:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. The postman didn't make it, so i'd to collect it this morning at 8am from the sorting office.
    20230313_085132[1].jpg

15. Plain packaging eh? ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Oh what item could be place into a box shaped like that....

17. Knowing you it’ll be some obscure Land Rover part.
    :)

What do I win?

18. Very close but no cigar this time round for the incorrect selected vehicle, it's for the Nissan.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Changed the motor head on the 3 port diverter on the central heating. Hopefully we will wake up tomorrow to hot water and cold radiators...

• Like Like x 1
  20. I don’t know about you but cold radiators in this weather would make me grumpy.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information