1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Today I made a pork pie for the first time. I can cook but really have little interest. However, I have to say this was really easy and delicious. As I made two, each 4inches in diameter, we have another to eat for lunch tomorrow! the next one will have a layer of onion chutney through the centre - the chutney will be shop bought though, I'm not that enamoured.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Next time try incorporating a hard boiled quails egg in the middle, before putting in the oven-top notch!

3. I had thought about an egg next time and wasn't sure if they were cooked first. I will follow your suggestion with the quails eggs, thank you. I'm making two pies for a Boxing Day family gathering hence the try out today.

4. Have a quick google of the Paul hollywood pork pie/quails egg recipe......

peeling quails eggs, mind, is a real ball ache.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Put up the Christmas tree and finally managed to set up my Airport Express so my music collection on our iMac streams through to our Stereo in the living room all controlled via an iPad, very posh!!

6. Had too much to drink which I will regret in the morning but at least this is the only site I've been on so shouldn't have any surprises in the morning :biggrin:. Andy

7. Just back from a birthday pressie from the missus, Thriller Live and the Mayflower. Was pretty good

8. Michael Jackson sails to America?

9. Sat in McDonald's in Krakow with a hot coffee and a mighty hangover. I'm gonna have to drink my way out of this stupor...

10. I can sympathise. I'm trying to get a baby to sleep whilst cleaning the house and have to cook Sunday roast for my folks who are coming over shortly. All with a stonking hangover. :(

Wife's fast asleep in bed too. Lol

11. Be easier to take them all to a local Harvester!

12. lightweights, i am on here checking on what pish i might of wrote whilst on the glenmorangie last night. then i am going to build one of those plastic engines with the we man.

13. Well I am going to shoot and knife a load of kids. :eek:

Going to Play Battlefield...:tongue:

14. too wright man, little feckers.

15. Some advice from my best friend.........."drink through it!"

16. I have had a mixed day so far......started with giving my granddaughter breakfast. Then playing with her for an hour before SWMBO bathed her and got her ready for me to take home.

I then drove the hour to deliver said granddaughter to #1 son and DiL. DiL was up to receive her. #1 son was still comatosed from his night out last night.

I then left to drive north to see my olds. But on the A1 the car felt strange, so I pulled onto the hard shoulder near Wetherby only to discover the brand new front, near side tyre that I had fitted on Friday had a a fucking great hole in it! Oh joy!

Changed the tyre for the slim one in the boot and set off back home.

I am now going to do bot all on the sofa all day. Fact!

17. Completely fecked off

18. A balanced household, just as it should be!!lol

19. Car run out to popham to see some mates :upyeah: Followed by a birthday cream tea and buying a Christmas tree. Now dor the Stella,Sunday roast and an eve of doing nothing

Do Not Sell My Personal Information